IGNORED

favorite weapon for deer

Gman

2 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

I would never feel that way about my bow and a sharp broadhead. I feel it’s more lethal than anything. Especially buckshot. It requires discipline for optimal shot selection and confidence in your equipment and ability.  No weapon is guaranteed but a lot of good bow hunters on here would disagree with that. 

Its a fact more deer are wounded with a bow . than any other weapon. a single buckshot pellet will put a deer down and out...

1 hour ago, mmfan36 said:

1979 ford galaxy hit them right and you can cut ur time in the stand my alot

Too much time spent on repairs after getting one down.  Did make $800 on the last one, though, with a good estimate and doing it myself with cheap parts.  

I like the muzzy and rifle equally.  But, like hunting the mountains in PA with a rifle better than hunting here with the muzzy.  Bow is challenging from the ground and I like that time of year to hunt, but carrying the 35cal marlin carbine is just so sweet, deer are dying over it.  Glad I get a chance to use it this year since I haven't tagged out in PA with the crossbow.

Edited by Greybeard

1 hour ago, jumpthestring said:

Its a fact more deer are wounded with a bow . than any other weapon. a single buckshot pellet will put a deer down and out...

I will not argue the point but would actually like to see the numbers. You say its a fact so how did you come up with this conclusion? Did you find any statistic on this?
Clean quick kill has very little to do with the weapon you are using. It always comes down to knowing your and your we weapon's limitations, your skill, confidence and ability to stay calm under pressure. 

Edited by Lunatic

Rifle hands down.

I kill way more deer with a bow every year and just isn’t the same as sitting in the mountains with a rifle up in NY. 

Maybe it’s less about the weapon and more about where we are hunting for a lot of us, most of NJ seems very small and a lot less like hunting and more like killing with such high deer densities.

My wife makes fun of me every year when I leave for NY drive past 20 deer on my lawn and neighbors to go sit on the mountain in NY and be lucky to see 5 deer all week!

Edited by Herd Buck