IGNORED

Deer rifle recommendations?

Pathman

Just now, trapoholic said:

What is imporant at this time if you plan on using it soon, is to buy a gun that you can find ammo for due to the shortage,

Yup, I am in the process of ordering a Christensen Arms 6.5 PRC and Ammo is almost impossible as are reloading components !

I actually found some online But......... $6 bucks a round! 

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 2.11.50 PM.jpg

I personally would never spend that amount of money on any rifle that will be carried in the woods. It's the shooter that makes the rifle, not the rifle that makes the shooter 

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

47 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

I personally would never spend that amount of money on any rifle that will be carried in the woods. It's the shooter that makes the rifle, not the rifle that makes the shooter 

Hey, thanks for that informative and insightful response.😳😂

2 minutes ago, Pathman said:

Hey, thanks for that informative and insightful response.😳😂

You're very welcome. Here's more: an older Remington 700 is hard to beat, but that was said already

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

3 hours ago, Bully said:

Any movement on this @Pathman
I actually settled in on one today. Should be here Monday. Hoping to share the journey. 

Damn you don’t mess around Toph! Ha! What did you get?

I believe I settled on a caliber,  looking like 6.5 Creedmoor. Watched a few video reviews, one video article by Ron Spoomer that was very informative, which convinced me this is the caliber to go with. 

I own each of them... My Savage out shoots them all... Yes Sako, Kimber,Browning , whichester etc, are much nicer looking, but the don’t get more accurate than my savage 270 WSM with accu Trigger and muzzle break. All are very close, heavily depending on the load and shooter...

On 11/23/2020 at 5:51 PM, trapoholic said:

One thing that I like to do is keep all of my deer guns standardized. I have a Remington 870 20 Gauge pump shotgun for NJ. And a Remington 7600 Pump Action rifle in 30-06 for Maine. So as you can see a partial to Pump Actions because they are fast and dependable. You can do the same thing with bolt actions and semi-autos as well. This way the safety is in the same place as well as the follow-up shot on both guns. When you own two cars, is one a right hand drive car like they use in Europe! No, they are both the same and your deer guns should also be standardized. Lever action rifles are nice but they have safeties like no other gun. And they also chamber differently.

Pm me if you want to sell your 870..

19 minutes ago, Pathman said:

Damn you don’t mess around Toph! Ha! What did you get?

I believe I settled on a caliber,  looking like 6.5 Creedmoor. Watched a few video reviews, one video article by Ron Spoomer that was very informative, which convinced me this is the caliber to go with. 

I have a Christensen arms mesa rifle in 6.5 cm. Awesome gun