Deer rifle recommendations?

I dont rifle hunt enough to have multiple deer rifles just csnt justify in my own mind.  I have an old marlin 3030 and an older remington 700 in 30.06.  In my head that will cover me for what ever I decide to hunt in North America. But 270 is s great round.  To answer your question if you can find an older remington 700 in 270 or New kimber line of rifles is nice and both good shooters

16 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

What use? Mountain rifle, long range platform, still hunting/stalking, stand hunting? Dors the 1-3k range include optics?

Good question. Well, at some point all of the above is my hope. But in all likelihood NY/PA would be primary use. 
I also just enjoy shooting accurate rifles for fun, but I won’t be buying many in that price range, so one that covers both would be ideal. 
As far as optics, I would say $1-2k for the rifle, $1k for the optic, or some combination thereof. 

I bought a Ruger American for less than $500. In 7mm-08.  I put a good quality scope on it and good to go.  Used it to drop my PA cow elk.   

Not a rifle hunter so it was my first experience with a bolt gun.  Shooting with a backpack(hunting scenario) as a rest I easily got 2" groups at 150 yards.  I'm sure it does better if locked into a gun vise on a bench. It's a no frills gun that does the job well.  I'd recommend it.  

35 minutes ago, Pathman said:

Good question. Well, at some point all of the above is my hope. But in all likelihood NY/PA would be primary use. 
I also just enjoy shooting accurate rifles for fun, but I won’t be buying many in that price range, so one that covers both would be ideal. 
As far as optics, I would say $1-2k for the rifle, $1k for the optic, or some combination thereof. 

Ok, well very good choice opting to spend 1k for the optics. Seems you’re looking for an “all arounder” which is a little hard since you will often get a blend of doing all good but not great. That being said the Tikka T3 is a helluva rifle, so is the Weatherby Vanguard sub-moa. Both reasonably priced rifles are medium weight, well balanced and accurate. Towards the higher price range the Weatherby Mark V and Sako are precision. Both a little heavier but for long range that is what you want. Think calibers also, although the 270 Win in a great round if you plan on heavier game like elk bump up to the 270 WSM or 270 Weatherby Mag. Go handle a couple, that will make up your mind as to feels right for you. Enjoy the quest... it’s a fun one

My older son and I have Tikka T3 in composite/ stainless we are both left handed, my younger son has Browning X bolt in composite/ stainless they are all nice, reliable and accurate guns but I would go with Browning x bolt, We would all have Browning but they didn’t offer them in left hand composite/stainless at the time, guns are 308, 6.5 creedmoor and 270 WSM 

One thing that I like to do is keep all of my deer guns standardized. I have a Remington 870 20 Gauge pump shotgun for NJ. And a Remington 7600 Pump Action rifle in 30-06 for Maine. So as you can see a partial to Pump Actions because they are fast and dependable. You can do the same thing with bolt actions and semi-autos as well. This way the safety is in the same place as well as the follow-up shot on both guns. When you own two cars, is one a right hand drive car like they use in Europe! No, they are both the same and your deer guns should also be standardized. Lever action rifles are nice but they have safeties like no other gun. And they also chamber differently.