Youth Day 11/21/2020 check in

2 hours ago, barrike said:

I was out in zone 7 this morning. Had a bachelor group of 4 come within range. Had one 8 pt in the clear, but I was in a staring contest with the spike so I couldn't move. Had a coyote the size of a German shepherd run by at 50 yards. The deer barely flinched. Had another 8 point from the group bed down at 50 yards for about an hour. Then he got up and walked off. Tomorrow will likely be the last day I will be out with the xbow this season. Planning on heading to PA after Thanksgiving if I can find a place that will give me a covid test without having symptoms.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Rite aid . If you have one look ASAP and go get the test . In and out in 5 mins . Just did it to come to Maine . 

that being said out in the western mountains of Maine . It’s been a grind to say the least . One small buck down between 4 of us . I’m down outside of the swamp tonight trying to pull a donkey out that some locals have been talking about . 

Rite aid . If you have one look ASAP and go get the test . In and out in 5 mins . Just did it to come to Maine . 

that being said out in the western mountains of Maine . It’s been a grind to say the least . One small buck down between 4 of us . I’m down outside of the swamp tonight trying to pull a donkey out that some locals have been talking about . 
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check them out.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Worst youth day ever. Sat both morning and night. Had 30 deer in the field last night with 2 shooters. Tonight...nothing! But we got some good time together..

20201121_162809.jpg

20201121_124146.jpg

20201121_065702.jpg

20201121_065226.jpg

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Dang no youths scored this afternoon?

Fingers crossed he hit one a bit back quarter to him found very little blood waiting it out for a couple hours n putting dog on it

• Like 1

Saw a ton of turkeys. Only one yearling doe. Woods were dead.

Still had great time hangin with my boy all day.

Man did he want to kill a turkey for Thanksgiving. lol

• Like 1

Well, the last youth day with my daughter.  She has been skunked on every one.  My kid has put her time in the woods over the years and is still deerless.  In the past, we’ve seen  them, but she never had a clean shot window. Today, we saw 6 deer, and two got spooked (and we were hunting into the wind), three behind trees and no honorable shot, and one about 150 yards out.  We hunt mountainous hardwoods and have no farm access.  She’s come out with me since she was seven, and now at 16, she still goes deerless.... 

The hardest part has been trying to keep her motivated to go out.  If anyone has any sure thing spots where they want a doe taken out, please let me know.  I’d love to put my kid on one.

Edited by NorthJerseyMike
  • Like 1

We tried a new spot that is state land that we access through a friend's property.  Zero deer but a ton of turkey.  Definitely our new turkey spot.  We came back to the car and the friend's who gave us access left a $25 bass pro gift card as a belated birthday present.  My son was happy so it was a good day.

• Like 1

My son killed this 5pt. He has been putting lots of time in with the bow trying to get his 1st buck. Made a 40 yrd heart shot. Got a big hug from him and kept telling me how great of day he had with me. 

FA7EB0A3-8FB2-4BE8-A170-C026B8553DD3.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Winner 9