Hitch mount cargo carrier?

I bought this one at the beginning of the season. It’s very light, it tilts up and I love it. I’ll be buying another one since I backed into some farm equipment and crushes it last week 

CURT 18100 60 x 20-Inch Aluminum Tray Hitch Cargo Carrier, 500 lbs Capacity, 2-in Folding Shank, Silver

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QEKG8C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_VhwUFb263QP77?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

6B76D1EA-9E10-48A5-A05B-6C6831D6ABDC.png

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I bought this one at the beginning of the season. It’s very light, it tilts up and I love it. I’ll be buying another one since I backed into some farm equipment and crushes it last week 

6B76D1EA-9E10-48A5-A05B-6C6831D6ABDC.png

I have the non folding steel version of that right now.  Carried a lot of deer :)

• Haha 1

Been looking at these today more.  The one thing I didn't like about mine was the mesh is unsupported underneath.  Pretty flimsy.  Bends easy.  Spot welded around edges onto frame.  As long as they hold you're fine. 

This is the most heavy duty 60" one I've seen.  There's a few 60" aluminum ones but mixed reviews on strength.  The one @Lunatic linked looks like it has supports under the mesh  

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/trailers-towing/hitch-cargo-carriers/750-lb-capacity-heavy-duty-folding-cargo-carrier-62660.html

5 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Been looking at these today more.  The one thing I didn't like about mine was the mesh is unsupported underneath.  Pretty flimsy.  Bends easy.  Spot welded around edges onto frame.  As long as they hold you're fine. 

This is the most heavy duty 60" one I've seen.  There's a few 60" aluminum ones but mixed reviews on strength.  The one @Lunatic linked looks like it has supports under the mesh  

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/trailers-towing/hitch-cargo-carriers/750-lb-capacity-heavy-duty-folding-cargo-carrier-62660.html

It does have supports but the grating is soft. No problem with deer, it held up well. The trade of is the weight. It’s very light, easy to put on and take off. Also with m keep the back door opens and closes with it in up position 

I will look at what you posted. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

It does have supports but the grating is soft. No problem with deer, it held up well. The trade of is the weight. It’s very light, easy to put on and take off. Also with m keep the back door opens and closes with it in up position 

I will look at what you posted. 

The one I posted is steel.  55lbs.  Yours is 28.9 lbs 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BowhunterNJ said:

The one I posted is steel.  55lbs.  Yours is 28.9 lbs 

Problem with steel, aside from weight, it will eventually, and usually very quickly rust and look like st. I don’t really need heavy duty so I’ll will stay with aluminum 

thanks 

• Like 1