Why is this guy catching crap for asking a question. I will never fault anyone for asking a question here ESPECIALLY one about NJ gun laws. I have read things straight off the NJSP website and been more confused than before I tried to do my research. Or maybe he did research and found his answer but wants to confirm. Either way just answer the guys question or don't, no need to be pompous.  Reeltight, if you need any info, pm me your cell and ill call you and try to answer any questions I can. I'm no expert, but I've made many transactions on gunbroker. Good luck and please don't hesitate to reach out

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

Much easier than you expect. Pay, then advise seller what FFL to send to, then FFL contacts u upon arrival. 

As I said previously, best way to purchase guns for best price 

• Like 2

online gun purchase is easy.  As stated, just pick your FFL from the list on GunBroker.  Very much like Ebay except with the NICs check.  Good luck.  

• Like 2

I think the point I was trying to make is .....if you are able to get a NJ FID card then you should know how to legally purchase firearms......the antis may look at his questions and say he can own a gun but doesnt know how to purchase one legally.........if you really want to learn about NJ gun law read Nappen on New Jersey Gun Law.......

7 hours ago, trapoholic said:

To make things easier, you could find a dealer on Gun Broker who is just over the border in PA(Several of them) and go there in person to do the pick up and transfer after the Auction has ended.

Can't do that with a handgun. Has to be shipped to NJ FFL

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Bucndoe said:

Can't do that with a handgun. Has to be shipped to NJ FFL

Yes, but Reeltight is looking for a shotgun. So I would try that route. It takes three days to do a transfer in NJ at this time. There is a backlog of over 2,000 applications in NJ. I recently made a firearm purchase at Davis Sporting Goods in Sloatsburg NY and the transfer only took 15 minutes. So buying a shotgun or rifle out of state may be a better option at this time with the gun season right around the corner.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, trapoholic said:

Yes, but Reeltight is looking for a shotgun. So I would try that route. It takes three days to do a transfer in NJ at this time. There is a backlog of over 2,000 applications in NJ. I recently made a firearm purchase at Davis Sporting Goods in Sloatsburg NY and the transfer only took 15 minutes. So buying a shotgun or rifle out of state may be a better option at this time with the gun season right around the corner.

You are extremely light at a backlog of 2000

11 hours ago, trapoholic said:

To make things easier, you could find a dealer on Gun Broker who is just over the border in PA(Several of them) and go there in person to do the pick up and transfer after the Auction has ended.

I'm pretty sure that would be against federal law.  The transfer has to go thru an ffl in the State where the purchaser lives. 

I'm pretty sure that would be against federal law.  The transfer has to go thru an ffl in the State where the purchaser lives. 

What federal law would that be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12.  Can I purchase a firearm directly from someone in another State?

No.  It is a violation of Federal law for a resident of one state to receive a firearm of any kind from the resident of another state.  In order for this transaction to be legal, it must go through a federally licensed firearms dealer (FFL) in the State that the purchaser/receiver resides in.  In New Jersey that means a firearm must be transported or shipped directly to the State licensed retail firearms dealer.

https://www.njsp.org/firearms/firearms-faqs.shtml

1 hour ago, nickmarch said:

That is true for hand guns long gun can be purchased at an ffl.  Ie nj resident can buy a shot gun from ffl in pa