IGNORED

Losing My Prime Private Land Spot

ElevatedHunter

I taught myself to hunt when I was 17 behind my now in-laws house. I have shot about 10-11 deer in my hunting career and only one was shot somewhere else. Its the only piece of private land that I hunt and now I am losing it due to the in-laws moving out of state.. My favorite treestand has to come down and find a home somewhere else now. We all have that one spot, our honey hole that we consistently keep revisiting. I could not over hunt that spot. It was a small 7 acre parcel surrounded by development. I'm going to be sad to leave that spot, but I guess now I will hunt it until I can't anymore. This will definitely be the last season there, so sorry, but every deer that walks in front of me in that stand is taking an arrow. :rofl:

Guess I need to start learning some public land. Luckily there is enough around me where I live.

28 minutes ago, ElevatedHunter said:

I taught myself to hunt when I was 17 behind my now in-laws house. I have shot about 10-11 deer in my hunting career and only one was shot somewhere else. Its the only piece of private land that I hunt and now I am losing it due to the in-laws moving out of state.. My favorite treestand has to come down and find a home somewhere else now. We all have that one spot, our honey hole that we consistently keep revisiting. I could not over hunt that spot. It was a small 7 acre parcel surrounded by development. I'm going to be sad to leave that spot, but I guess now I will hunt it until I can't anymore. This will definitely be the last season there, so sorry, but every deer that walks in front of me in that stand is taking an arrow. :rofl:

Guess I need to start learning some public land. Luckily there is enough around me where I live.

Thats unfortunate but a common story many of us have told.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

That sucks but on the bright side I think you will find hunting more exciting. Yes I have my favorite spot but moving around, looking for new spots and sitting over new area, instead looking at the same thing and same deer, gets my blood flowing. Get a climber or climbing sticks and have fun!!

Definitely going to start exploring hard come March, thinking about going the saddle route as I have a pet peeve about carrying a bunch of stuff with me into the woods haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

always sucks loosing a private area. happen to me 3 seasons ago. now i have to fight my way through tree stands hanging every 50 yards and guys walking into stands 20 min after sunrise. 

Yeah fortunately I only ever see a couple trucks here and there in the public land around my house. So hoping to explore that more this year. Get in there deep. There is a couple good swamps in the valley of the surrounding hills on the land.

Hunt public, hunt county properties, join a club.

Was never a fan of clubs.(for deer) Reminds me of my volunteer firefighting days. (No offense to anymore still volunteering. I miss it a lot. Just not the drama)

Going to try my luck at finding a good spot on public.