IGNORED

Forgotten treestands

Bones

32 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Ok it is not state forests it is state parks that that applies to

It's state forests, too. This topic came up in the past. The state changed the rules a few years ago -  now you can't leave stands year round in state forests/parks. They say if they find any outside the hunting season (with a few weeks grace period) they will take them down.

AND legally you can only have one out there at any one time. Yeah, yeah, how are they going to know you only have one? For all practical purposes, it is essentially on the honor system that you don't put multiple stands out. You are required to put your CID number on it - so if they come across multiple stands with the same CID then I guess they would know - if you don't have a CID number on your stand? I guess they could take it down.

Anyway, here's the notice on the updated policy from 2017: https://www.njparksandforests.org/stand-blind_policy.htm

"on land and waters administered by the State Park Service" - I'm pretty sure that includes State Forests as well as State Parks.

7 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

on land and waters administered by the State Park Service" - I'm pretty sure that includes State Forests as well as State Parks.

State Forests are administered by the State Park Service.

https://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/parkactivity.html

They are ignoring the passed regulation that requires stands to be removed daily after use. 

Screenshot_20201116-191620.jpg

24 minutes ago, Kype said:

"it looked liked it was in good shape"  good one. 

im not in charge of anything. im voicing my opionion on the subject. 

if you cant hunt from a tree stand then you shouldnt be in one. get a ground blind. 

you obviously cant handle an adult conversation with your first sentence. so have a good night. 

When you come out and state your opinion and do not take into account the entire hunting community you simply got called out. Just like you coming at me with your first response. Don't come at me if you can't handle the return fire. I can hunt just fine from tree stands. I set them up and move them around each year. Some are productive year after year so they stay in place. Not to mark my area. Mostly out of convience and one spot because of how sensitive the deer are to human traffic. But I know of several guys who would not be able to hunt if they did not have something already set up. It is about what is best for everyone and not just what shape you happen to be in at this time of your life. So your opinion is self centered and not well received. Because I am on opposite end of scale from you. I try to include everyone. I met two guys in late 70's and early 80's whom I offered to set up in one of my stands. Your opinion would exclude people.

14 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

It's state forests, too. This topic came up in the past. The state changed the rules a few years ago -  now you can't leave stands year round in state forests/parks. They say if they find any outside the hunting season (with a few weeks grace period) they will take them down.

AND legally you can only have one out there at any one time. Yeah, yeah, how are they going to know you only have one? For all practical purposes, it is essentially on the honor system that you don't put multiple stands out. You are required to put your CID number on it - so if they come across multiple stands with the same CID then I guess they would know - if you don't have a CID number on your stand? I guess they could take it down.

Anyway, here's the notice on the updated policy from 2017: https://www.njparksandforests.org/stand-blind_policy.htm

"on land and waters administered by the State Park Service" - I'm pretty sure that includes State Forests as well as State Parks.

Yea I caught that now 

19 hours ago, Bones said:

So I’ve been hunting a wma with my climber this bow season, I’ve seen a good amount of deer and a couple decent bucks plus it’s a beautiful area and the landscape is relaxing to look at from the stand.

With my little hunting buddy wanting to go deer hunting I put up a double ladder stand for buck week for the two of us. Everywhere I look there’s 35 stands within 50 yards of each other, most are sun bleached and look like they have been there for 10 years. A lot are 15ft single ladder stands that look like they were put up and forgotten.

I’ve been watching a spot over the bow season and haven’t seen anyone go back there I even put a camera on a trail to see if I got any foot traffic but nothing over the last month.

I put the stand up two weeks and haven’t had any notes left on it. What’s the chances guys will be in them during buck week?

You never know on state ground, but I would guess there is a good chance someone will show up and if your in the pines my guess goes up to 95%

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

17 hours ago, Kype said:

its ridiculous really. leaving stands up on property that is to be shared by others. or leaving stands up all year to "mark your territory". i have been saying for years that all wma and state/public lands should be carry in and carry out. if you have private land then call tree house masters and have them build the most badass stand there is for all i care. 

Some guys will have many stands out there and never take them down.

16 hours ago, Hitemnasty said:

First off I've never messed with any to begin with, this is a question more about stewardship of the land. Wooden stands don't last nearly as long as a steel one will so that point doesn't make much sense, woods are made of wood. Actually if there was a tree that needed to be hunted out of that had some old wooden stand in the way then yes I would remove it but because you say I can't do that with a metal one thats been sitting there near a decade?! Since last 6 day? Im not talking a year here Im saying years, like when the straps are gone or the tree has consumed the chain. With your logic at some point in the future every good tree to hunt from will have a old metal stand in it thats untouchable. Why? Once abandoned it becomes trash just like when some jackwadd throws his couch on the side of the road(your logic that guy is coming back to hangout and drink some beers off that couch later)! Your analogies are reaching at best here! If I don't see someone changing cards or batteries on a camera Id think it was abandoned? No I wouldn't because I'm not retarted and how would I know when someone slipped in to mess with their camera? Im talking about stands that have new growth coming off the platform, stands that have trees laying on them and stands like I already brought up in this paragraph. Just because its metal does not make it not abandoned trash at some point.

You do know he has 10 stands on public land and he never takes them down. Of course he will defend it.,

2 hours ago, NotJust22s said:

You should be required to label all stands on public property with your CID and the season date. If it's not removed within 60 days of the season ending, you get a ticket and a fine. 

that makes sense. but less then 60 days. who needs 2 months to walk out and remove their stand.