IGNORED

11/16 Check In

PSE160

5 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Is that your old stand hunterbob

Lol.. probably not that one, although I have done many in my time 2x3's in a crotch. Ah the good old/bad galvanized spikes. Bent a few in my day climbing into the stand when I was younger and weighed more.lol

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

25 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Is that your old stand hunterbob

That's no stinking stand. Built the ladder one by myself. Crazy ralph you met him at jay'swood cutting party this winter, when he was younger and skinnier working for a tree service we built a few.2x3 seat included. Lots of black and gray spray paint.lol

IMG_20201116_121753361.jpg

IMG_20201116_121924557.jpg

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

8 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Illegal stand now - cannot build permanent stands on public lands...

For the record Jack all mine were built on private property!.. linabery cow farm lease rt. 94 blairstown.175 acre's,6 of us,$75 a man per year.

Edited by hunterbob1

29 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

For the record Jack all mine were built on private property!.. linabery cow farm lease rt. 94 blairstown.175 acre's,6 of us,$75 a man per year.

Yeah we are onto you Bob!  Scofflaw...  lol

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Back out in z50 until last light again.  Surgery on Thursday so this is likely my last hunt until December.  Any mature doe or 6 or better that walks into my lane will get put in the cross hairs.   Chances are more likely that I’ll spend the afternoon babysitting the oaks and squirrels 😂😂.  Good luck to anyone back out there!  

Wind died down in z10 and in the right direction for one spot I’ve got a hang-on set up. Lots of branches down after last night.  Small doe met me at stand as I got there from opposite direction...trotted off...hoping i didn’t mess everything up and her grand pappy decides to show face! 🤞🏼

Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, "Aw, who cares?" And then I think, "Hey, what's for supper?"

permanent stands never were allowed on public as long as I  been hunting at least. I stood on many limbs. Then made a bunch with 2x4s with spiked truss plates nailed with spikes facing out on the tree side and threaded rod so I could sandwich the tree between the 2x4s and tighten them up