11/16 Check In

Starting off today sweaty. Hiked out to my ladder stand deep in the woods this morning. Barley got a chance to hunt last season so I took off work all last and this week to finally get some in. Good luck out there everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out in 15 hiking  back through the flooded timber from last nights rain storm was fun.

I put some estrus scent out and grunting a little here and there. I’ve had three small bucks come check out me out so far 2 spikes and a y buck.

just waiting for that giant to appear.

Before shooting light I had a big shooter walk by at 60 yards. It was dark, I heard something and found him through my bins. He never stopped just kept going. Then around 7 I see a doe running full speed through the field and another shooter behind her. Behind him, also chasing after the same doe decent 6 maybe also a shooterOf course way out there and they never came my way. I only saw 3 shooters in November and 2 of them today.

good luck, yes it’s a nice day to be out 

Edited by Lunatic

I'm kicking myself right now. I got up to see how the wind was, it was blowing pretty steady at around 15 mph (according to weather app). Opted not to do a morning hunt because the wind wasn't right for the area. Now I see the wind has pretty much stopped.

I'm kicking myself right now. I got up to see how the wind was, it was blowing pretty steady at around 15 mph (according to weather app). Opted not to do a morning hunt because the wind wasn't right for the area. Now I see the wind has pretty much stopped.

I hear ya even thought it’s light my wind changed slightly so it’s blowing right near my dead zone....it might be a little to early to change stands for me now and prolly risk spooking every deer in the area if I do

1 hour ago, PSE160 said:

Starting off today sweaty. Hiked out to my ladder stand deep in the woods this morning. Barley got a chance to hunt last season so I took off work all last and this week to finally get some in. Good luck out there everyone.

Good luck!