IGNORED

zippo hand warmers

Kype

21 minutes ago, Kype said:

anyone have these or tried them out? im looking for something a little better then the hand warmers in the pouch that you shake up before use. 

Used them a lot 40 years ago , as well as the next generation that where charcoal .

‘IMO the chemical hand warmers work better , no smell , less mess etc .

‘I like their body warmer bags that are twice the normal hand Warmer size .

‘they hold their heat through an entire day of hunting 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

27 minutes ago, Kype said:

anyone have these or tried them out? im looking for something a little better then the hand warmers in the pouch that you shake up before use. 

Zippo is King. Here's the hand warmers in the '70s and '80s you have to put fluid in it and put it in a velvet red pouch and put in my pockets kept my fingers warm many days!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

3 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Zippo is King. Here's the hand warmers in the '70s and '80s you have to put fluid in it and put it in a velvet red pouch and put in my pockets kept my fingers warm many days!

Red bag hand warmers were Jon E if I remember.

PIA filling them and having them leak 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

35 minutes ago, Kype said:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Being a smoker and being on the Briney. The old Zippo lighter kept the flame. The fluid wasn't cheap. I adapted it improvise just like I did in the old days with the Coleman fuels when sunnoco was selling the white gas. I'm an ex printer so in the shop we used isopropyl alcohol. I tried it in my lighters and handwarmers. Voila it works..5¢'s on the $.

24 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Red bag hand warmers were Jon E if I remember.

PIA filling them and having them leak 

They only leaked if you overfill them,you have to stop at 3/4 capacity.

update: 

bought one. $15 at walmart. only used it once outside tonight. not bad for a reusable warmer. 

works better without the bag it comes with. just the warmer being in your pocket cuts out enough oxegen. ill have to see how long it lasts though. so far going on 3 hours and still hot. much warmer then the hot hands you buy and throw out. 

the smell is next to nothing. for the hardcore deer hunter who constantly worries about scent. then no. otherwise not bad at all. 

On 11/15/2020 at 8:20 PM, Kype said:

looking for something to get by for a week of winter steelhead in jan. 

You won't need it if the temps go like they were the past couple days. Went up for 2 days. Tough fishing but still caught some. Good luck when you go