Balmy 11-11 Veterans Day ✅ in

Here I sit - in spot that usually has most does and yesterday revealed them just the wrong bucks showed and chased. Warmest morning sit of entire season starting at 59 degrees.  EAB opener was 39 degrees if I recall correctly. One year anniversary of my BOAL. But will not get to repeat that same afternoon hunt due to heavy rains. A very challenging season for me that is really coming down to the shot I should have taken in fall bow and the stud buck I passed early in permit bow. However - the relentless pursuit continues.  Good luck!  

Last two afternoons sat in new stand where through saturday had a lot of rut activity. A buck showed up on cam within minutes of a doe. Had sequences with some fights including a pair of buttons. Must have had some hot does and now they are off locked down elsewhere. I had does in each afternoon but no bucks. This morning i am sitting a stand was hot in octobwr but not so much in november. But i had it set up so i could be close to one of my new hunters who is in stand i passed little buck yesterday morning. But neither have seen a deer this morning.

Happy Veterans Day!  Thanks to all that have served past and present!  Out in zone 9 this morning was an awesome start until the pheasant hunters got right on top of me and started blasting away.  Worst part is we were in the parking lot at same time and they saw me go this way.  I know everyone has the right but this is my second year dealing with the nonsense on NJ public land.  Might be my last year hunting as I feel I’m wasting my time and effort.

I’m in one of my stands I haven’t sat for about 12 days had 8 [not on the hit list] on cell cam just before I got here. Made sure he was gone before I heading in with plenty of darkness to spare. Good Luck to everyone out and 👍 to all our Veterans.