IGNORED

Just back from Lily Pond

snell

It was another great year with Dock and the gang from Lily Pond Hunting Lodge in NC. Great weather (cold on Mon & Tue) lots of deer moving (mostly young bucks) and as always a good group of hunters. For me it was a three deer year. Tuesday morning saw a three point (boy his one side was a high fork) come into the bean field and lock up at 85 yrds. All I had was a straight shot into his throat and the 270 dropped him like a rock. With meat for the freezer I spend the rest of the week with the AR in 6.5 Grendel. It wasn't until Friday morning that the Grendel got it's chance but it came through with a buck and a doe within 20 minutes of each other. This buck locked up facing me too but he was at 200 yds. Dropped him clean with another throat shot.  The doe came out with two others about 15 minutes later and she gave me a quartering shot that saw the bullet enter by the point of the left shoulder and come out just in front of the liver on the right side. This was about 175 and she dropped
DRT also. The picture of the shooting lane requires some scrutiny. In the middle of the lane you can just see the young spike that came out and was molesting my dead doe LOL it was hilarious! I'm already counting the days until next season.

grendel 1500 and 900.jpg

doe 1500 and 900.jpg

deer lane 1500.jpg