my hunt ended with a small buck coming in last light then a larger buck (not sure it was getting dark) going by just out of shooting range but he got on the earlier doe trail and I heard chasing as light ran out.  Tomorrow is another day, and still holding a buck tag is a great feeling, I just know something big is going to show - my optimism tank is running full and looking forward to the days leading up to Thanksgiving!

40 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

my hunt ended with a small buck coming in last light then a larger buck (not sure it was getting dark) going by just out of shooting range but he got on the earlier doe trail and I heard chasing as light ran out.  Tomorrow is another day, and still holding a buck tag is a great feeling, I just know something big is going to show - my optimism tank is running full and looking forward to the days leading up to Thanksgiving!

I just texted my buddy and said im glad we both connected but sad the chase is over.  Hope to see you guys post some big bucks over the next couple weeks! 

Muzzy 8 down. Got settled into a natural blind about first light. Nothing but squirrles and chipmunks. The leaves were extra loud this morning.  Around 815 I grunted a few times and rattled for about 10 seconds. Was watching the hillside for movement when out of nowhere this buck appears from the tall grass in the meadow at about 20 yards. Caught me off guard as I had to turn to my right and cock the muzzy to get a shot at him. He recognized something wasn't right but couldn't figure it out. I slowly turned and raised the muzzleloader. He snorts runs 20 yards, stops and stares at me. It was all the time I needed to put the slug through his chest, hitting both lungs and the heart. Took a 50 yard dash before watching him collapse in the meadow. Magnificent animal thank God for a great hunt.

20201109_113410.jpg

20201109_090202.jpg

20201109_100331.jpg

8 hours ago, JimC1965 said:

Muzzy 8 down. Got settled into a natural blind about first light. Nothing but squirrles and chipmunks. The leaves were extra loud this morning.  Around 815 I grunted a few times and rattled for about 10 seconds. Was watching the hillside for movement when out of nowhere this buck appears from the tall grass in the meadow at about 20 yards. Caught me off guard as I had to turn to my right and cock the muzzy to get a shot at him. He recognized something wasn't right but couldn't figure it out. I slowly turned and raised the muzzleloader. He snorts runs 20 yards, stops and stares at me. It was all the time I needed to put the slug through his chest, hitting both lungs and the heart. Took a 50 yard dash before watching him collapse in the meadow. Magnificent animal thank God for a great hunt.

Congrats!!!!