IGNORED

11/7 check in

Greybeard

49 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

I climbed down real quick & went to my truck & leaned my xbow on my my tire & threw all my stuff in my truck & then drove around to make sure he wasnt dead on someone's lawn.  I didnt see him so I went home to kill some time & noticed a text from landowner telling me I forgot my xbow.  I asked I'm if it was damaged & he said it looked ok.  I went back at 12 & grid searched strip of woods behind the houses for 2 hours.  Nothing & I couldnt blood track on a guys lawn so I licked m wounds & decided to go back out.  I get to my new spot & notice my quiver is messed up.  Ok. .I'll get a new one later.  I get all ready to go & decide to shoot xbow to make sure still on.  1st arrow is broken..ok second is broken & so is 3rd & 4th!! no arrows so now I'm not going hunting but need to verify xbow still on. And I just pu3 more new arrows in my quiver that am!  then I notice rocker damage.  I shoot it & it's still on.  I decide screw this.  I'm going to cheyenne mtn, they probably wont have parts or will find more damage so now I'm buying a new xbow & dropping whatever it takes.  I get there & vinny (great guy) listens to my tale of woe , has the parts, fixes it , I buy new quiver & more arrows & now my only goal is sight in before dark cause no time after work & I'm hunting pa next sat am. Got it on just at dark.  At a bar now.  Striper fishing in am.

So why did you stop looking for the deer, it's obviously not going far. You should've been looking for the rest of the day and then again tomorrow. 2 hours looking for a deer is nothing, sometimes it takes hours of looking for them. Did you try calling in a dog search?

6 hours ago, DBuck said:

So why did you stop looking for the deer, it's obviously not going far. You should've been looking for the rest of the day and then again tomorrow. 2 hours looking for a deer is nothing, sometimes it takes hours of looking for them. Did you try calling in a dog search?

It's very suburban where he went. I thoroughly checked the strip of woods behind the houses & he is definitely not there.  There is no way I can get advance permission from all the houses in that development & the one behind it for a dog search.