I thought I post ed this earlier bu never hit button.  Not expecting much movement today...hope I'm wrong...as always, it  can all change in a second

And then around 9am, a shooter buck showed up, wal1ked 5 yes from tree, I stopped him, shot & he went down wo taking a step.  I hit him my side of spine, 2/3 penetration.  Little high, forgot to aim for the exit,  but he was still very much alive.  I couldnt cock xbow cause he would see me & run away so I sat tight.  After a couple minutes , he dragged himself to thicker cover & settled in.  Too brushy to shoot so i hung my xbow but he saw me do it & got up & limped into a development probably behind some houses now.  Waiting min 2 hrs then going back to rexamine blood to c if i nicked a lung.  

38 minutes ago, Zone50BugNerd said:

I am also in z50 today if you need some help.  If he is still alive and running into a development, we might be able to push him back to you. 

Thanks.  I appreciate that offer.  It's too suburban for that so I'm going to be patient & hope he stays wherever he laid down.  He has 2/3 of my arrow in him.  Entered on a sharp angle 2-3 " from spine just behind shoulder.  I saw a mark in his other side mid body or slightly lower.  Not perfect but should def be fatal.

21 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

Thanks.  I appreciate that offer.  It's too suburban for that so I'm going to be patient & hope he stays wherever he laid down.  He has 2/3 of my arrow in him.  Entered on a sharp angle 2-3 " from spine just behind shoulder.  I saw a mark in his other side mid body or slightly lower.  Not perfect but should def be fatal.

Under the circumstances being by the development you're doing the right thing. I've knocked down deer,thought they were down for the count, nope, got up and ran off before I can get a second shot which I didn't think I needed no blood, no recovery.learnedlater on in life it was a shock to the spine,partial paralyzation. In your case sounds like you caught the top of the lung on the exit side. Sounds like  he took the arrow off with him. Small chance of any early blood trail without an exit hole. Being hit in runoff just hobbled off you should be able to pick up some blood within 40 50 yards hopefully if you hit a Lung he's spitting out his mouth and it has air bubbles.I don't know if you start tracking yet but I'd give it to till at minimum one or two PM. He's a nice buck good luck keep us posted.

https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=413547&forum=4