IGNORED

Tagged out on Decent 10pt

Trykonkid11

2 hours ago, Trykonkid11 said:

The story goes like this. Been hunting a ridge top for the past week trying to arrow an absolute deer of a lifetime with little luck. Was getting pictures of him every now and then nothing consistent. Seeing all little bucks from spikes to good up and coming deer. I change strategy this morning hunting out of a funneled down area where where many deer have been taken.

This morning I was watching this little tiny doe, not much bigger then my beagles. Lol. As I’m watching her she keeps staring down the mountain, now I know something is up. Next I hear him grunting up a storm walking up an old logging road, he passes me at 20 yards I was in able to draw because the doe had me pinned down. He walks behind a tree, I draw and now she is burning a hole through me, still not stomping or blowing, he gets to what I thought was 27-30 yards let the arrow fly. The swhacker hits him a little low, breaks both shoulders, and he rolled down the ravine knocking over everything on the way down. Well I later ranged where he was standing. Wrong. 35 yards exactly. But non the less he went home with me.

He’s a deer we have a lot of pics of, first time seeing him in person. I just couldn’t let him walk past me. Dressed he was 168.7 pounds. eafc7736ae110bed52edc6330c2f5b4d.jpg

I didn’t take any hero pictures, wanted to get him out and not disturb anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice buck

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

2 minutes ago, Trykonkid11 said:

Thank you all, and yes now onto running the beagles when the weather cools down. The new pups are starting to open up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no better sound in the world than a couple beagles running a rabbit. I had beagles most of my middle age life. I am now living in a place where I could not have a gang of dogs

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL