IGNORED

Hawk Helium Mini Climbing Sticks

Nothing wrong with my Lone Wolfs, just wanted to shed some weight.

Pros- solid build, digs into tree with ease, like the doublestep.

Cons- the straps are a bit too slippery, buckle sometimes needs to be pushed down to catch and buckle way too shiny. I HATE the suction cups...could not even separate two of them in the cold the other morning, had to ground hunt. Later on, took two of us to pull apart!

I have since removed suction cups and threw the Lone Wolf straps on...now they're great...two strapped to each side of my Badlands pack.

20201101_183919.jpg

Edited by Michael Britt

On 11/5/2020 at 3:06 PM, Michael Britt said:

Nothing wrong with my Lone Wolfs, just wanted to shed some weight.

Pros- solid build, digs into tree with ease, like the doublestep.

Cons- the straps are a bit too slippery, buckle sometimes needs to be pushed down to catch and buckle way too shiny. I HATE the suction cups...could not even separate two of them in the cold the other morning, had to ground hunt. Later on, took two of us to pull apart!

I have since removed suction cups and threw the Lone Wolf straps on...now they're great...two strapped to each side of my Badlands pack.

20201101_183919.jpg

I almost made the switch bc I liked the suction cup idea - glad I didn’t, now! Sweet set up! Need/Using an aider with those steps?

4 hours ago, VFL said:

I almost made the switch bc I liked the suction cup idea - glad I didn’t, now! Sweet set up! Need/Using an aider with those steps?

I don't use an aider, I try to use cover (like a cluster of trees), instead of going super high.

Edited by Michael Britt