IGNORED

11/5 check in

Greybeard

had 4 dinks around, (1.5 year old bucks) all grunting (a little bit).   Also had 5 does (3 mature).       No real rut activity - these guys are too young to get a date (generally speaking) and the does were either bred or not close yet. Every day feeling more and more like mature bucks are truly "locked down" and just some minimal nighttime movement.   But I love to hunt too much to "not go" in the morning.    Just going to an old stand that used to produce this time of year.  My biggest issue is large tracks of woods that used to feed the deer, have no acorns/protein for them this year.    These woods always had that extra incentive.      Take that away - it's really just random, rut activity prediction.   Right place, right time - will a hot doe, lead a large buck to me and hang around my stand?  If not - I lose. Ready to eat another tag soup.    No big deal.   Doe patrol come December - way too many in most of my spots. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Saw 3 bucks this evening. Biggest was a 3 pointer. Haven’t seen a doe that wasn’t a fawn the last 2 days of hunting. Me my dad and a friend who hunts an adjacent property will be out in the morning. Hoping for a hot doe because otherwise it has gone quiet. Even the shooter I saw in the morning was bee bopping around like it was September not November. Unfortunately in my area rut activity peaked 25th - 31st. I only caught the last day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

Saw 3 bucks this evening. Biggest was a 3 pointer. Haven’t seen a doe that wasn’t a fawn the last 2 days of hunting. Me my dad and a friend who hunts an adjacent property will be out in the morning. Hoping for a hot doe because otherwise it has gone quiet. Even the shooter I saw in the morning was bee bopping around like it was September not November. Unfortunately in my area rut activity peaked 25th - 31st. I only caught the last day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rut 2,28 days, same time, same bat channel.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

3 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

Woo Hoo.. Good for you my friend!!!!!.. looking forward to the story and the pics👍

Not much of a story, Bob.  It was a stupid button buck just before dark. It was antlerless.  That's all that mattered to me after 4 days of seeing nothing except an 8pt that I had to just watch walk by, twice.  I'll be back there on Monday where I saw him, but you can bet he won't show up again.   

Was rushing to gut it and get it out as it got dark, so the only pic I took was of it hanging in the garage before cutting it up.  Don't know how to post directly from my phone gallery to here without downloading it to the pc first. Might go extended bow tomorrow night in stokes, definitely taking the morning off, and out to PA on Saturday