IGNORED

Wait or track soon?

MikeStaten

Terrific!

Sometimes a perfect shots gets misdirected in the last few yards or after impacting the deer  I use lighted nocks. I know for certain that two deer I harvested were deflected off a twig just before hitting the deer. The misdirection results in a liver/gut hit instead of double lung. When all leaves are off trees and bushes, you do not see those thin branches. It's enough to throw off your shot.  Even at 20-30 yds. 

Edited by archer36

56 minutes ago, HuntEmDown505 said:

Glad you recovered him! Did you happen to take any autopsy pics or can you tell us if it was thru back of lung/liver/stomach? 

Being that the front of the stomach was nicked I did not spend too much time looking at everything, wanted to get it gutted as fast as I could.  Definitely got the liver, clipped front edge of stomach and I'm 90% sure I got the back of the offside lung.  It must have died quickly because when I found him he was as stiff as a board. 

1 hour ago, MikeStaten said:

Being that the front of the stomach was nicked I did not spend too much time looking at everything, wanted to get it gutted as fast as I could.  Definitely got the liver, clipped front edge of stomach and I'm 90% sure I got the back of the offside lung.  It must have died quickly because when I found him he was as stiff as a board. 

Thanks for the info, it'll help if/when I have a similar shot. Enjoy your deer!