transaction fee AND convienence fee??

Someone explain this to me... why are they charging both a "transaction fee" AND "convenience fee" ??? Seriously?

How about just charge me one fee, even if it's larger, just to make me feel better so I can pretend I'm not getting nickel-and-dimed to death by this state.

image.png.685ce5c58286aee80a8be981f48cb8d9.png

It seems like a lot of businesses are now charging a convenience fee for using a credit card, or advertising a cash discount. Unfortunately seem like this will be the new norm.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I spent $448.50 yesterday on all of our permits and buck tags.. (Me and my 2 sons). Online fees  were almost $40.. I don't mind a few bucks extra but $40? I took a 5 minute ride and got them with no problem.. Ended up being a 20 foot long strip of green paper... Maybe the state can cut down on that waste and charge 2 bucks less.... :lookaround:

• Like 3
Just now, JJoe said:

I spent $448.50 yesterday on all of our permits and buck tags.. (Me and my 2 sons). Online fees  were almost $40.. I don't mind a few bucks extra but $40? I took a 5 minute ride and got them with no problem.. Ended up being a 20 foot long strip of green paper... Maybe the state can cut down on that waste and charge 2 bucks less.... :lookaround:

Go to a store and you will avoid the fees. 

19 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Someone explain this to me... why are they charging both a "transaction fee" AND "convenience fee" ??? Seriously?

How about just charge me one fee, even if it's larger, just to make me feel better so I can pretend I'm not getting nickel-and-dimed to death by this state.

image.png.685ce5c58286aee80a8be981f48cb8d9.png

What a bunch of BS sounds like something on a Monopoly Board.  The state outsourced the process to save money and then sticks it to us with a bogus charge to hide any increase in license fees when in fact that's exactly what it is

Edited by bushden
Added more comment

It's the new Norm third party. I grew up  three's a crowd. Ass gas or grass nobody Rides for Free.with our current governor he says put that in your pipe and smoke it. Okay vent over. I cut out all my third-party fees with autopay!.. be interesting to see the newest public opinion at the New Jersey fish wildlife and game, new topic's opinion.:nerd:

For what it’s worth- most states have these fees attached. Bought license in 5 different states. I know 4 had it. I’ll have to check the 5th.

Each state has pros and cons. Our online system is great now. But our permit/tag/stamps are BS compared to other states. 

They don't want to pay for everyone's rewards from their credit card companies. Amex and Visa aren't giving you those rewards, the merchants are. It's the biggest racket going. You will see more and more of this going forward.

• Agree 1
5 minutes ago, Hawkeye57 said:

For what it’s worth- most states have these fees attached. Bought license in 5 different states. I know 4 had it. I’ll have to check the 5th.

Each state has pros and cons. Our online system is great now. But our permit/tag/stamps are BS compared to other states. 

Do they make this much? Jeez.

https://www.careerexplorer.com/careers/fish-and-game-warden/salary/new-jersey/

If a private company is running your online licensing and deer reporting, they make money on fees. If you use a CC, there is a fee to the Merchant. They are merely collecting it from you in advance. It's called business. If you buy your license/permit directly from the State through a store, you pay cash to avoid these fees. 

Edited by archer36