IGNORED

Can you answer me a few questions on deer hunting stuff? I'm a brand new hunter and I don't have anyone to act as a mentor.

Mark R.

How can I hunt public land?

What public land can I hunt without any permit besides my normal hunting permit? 

What piss and call should I use if I want to hunt this weekend?

I have two tags for doe in zones 13 and 36, and 1 buck permit. Where can I use the buck permit and do I have unlimited uses of the doe permits?

Thanks to anyone who answers; it helps a lot.

Read this - all the answers you seek are in here - see the "Deer Hunting" pages - pages 33-37.

https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/dighnt20_pdf.htm

(PDF: https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/pdf/2020/dighnt20.pdf)

If you have these basic questions unanswered this close to permit bow season, I suspect you also don't know about other rules/laws - such as the reporting requirements (the harvest report card, the automated deer system reporting, etc.). You need to read that Hunting Digest to learn about more than just where you can hunt. I wouldn't go out on public land and hunt deer without knowing all the laws involved.

2 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Read this - all the answers you seek are in here - see the "Deer Hunting" pages - pages 33-37.

https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/dighnt20_pdf.htm

(PDF: https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/pdf/2020/dighnt20.pdf)

If you have these basic questions unanswered this close to permit bow season, I suspect you also don't know about other rules/laws - such as the reporting requirements (the harvest report card, the automated deer system reporting, etc.). You need to read that Hunting Digest to learn about more than just where you can hunt. I wouldn't go out on public land and hunt deer without knowing all the laws involved.

I know the other stuff because I took hunters ed. How to report a harvest, proper safety measures, what distance to keep from buildings, but is there any places where I can hunt that don't require any permits besides my basic hunting license? The rules are ambiguous to me on specifically that issue, and for the most part, thats all.

Come Sunday you will need a zone permit plus a buck permit/tag.

the one you get with your bow license will be expired October 31st.

the map in the njfg book or web page under deer zones will tell you what permit you need depending on where you are hunting.

tomorrow and Saturday you can still use your 2020 regular bow fall license tags.

As far as can you hunt all state land you can find a list of state land you can hunt on the njfg web page under deer hunting.

As far as scents it’s the seeking phase so do in estrus and estrus bleats, buck grunts it’s all trial and error sometimes the work sometimes they don’t.

Edited by Bones

7 minutes ago, Bones said:

the map in the njfg book or web page under deer zones will tell you what permit you need depending on where you are hunting.

tomorrow and Saturday you can still use your 2020 regular bow fall license tags.

As far as can you hunt all state land you can find a list of state land you can hunt on the njfg web page under deer hunting.

As far as scents it’s the seeking phase so do in estrus and estrus bleats, buck grunts it’s all trial and error sometimes the work sometimes they don’t.

I believe you are wrong.  Permit bow starts October 31.

12 minutes ago, Bones said:

I thought Saturday was 1st day of permit?

20 minutes ago, Bones said:

thanks for the answer. just to clarify: I can hunt any of those lands without any extra permits besides the deer ones?

On October 31st you will need the permit archery zone and buck tag 

different from your 2020 bow license. They cost extra I believe it’s 27.50 for the zone and 27.50 for the buck tag 

all can be purchased on the njfg website and printed out 

1 minute ago, Bones said:

Unless your hunting pheasant, waterfowl or something different Then deer,

but if your target is deer with archery you need the zone permit and a permit buck tag. They cost extra from your regular bow license 

thanks for the patience. 1 last question: If i have a deer permit (which has no limit on doe), how do I tag the deer? I'd assume I wouldnt put a physical tag on it because its an unlimited use one.

How can I hunt public land?
What public land can I hunt without any permit besides my normal hunting permit? 
What piss and call should I use if I want to hunt this weekend?
I have two tags for doe in zones 13 and 36, and 1 buck permit. Where can I use the buck permit and do I have unlimited uses of the doe permits?
Thanks to anyone who answers; it helps a lot.
There are apps like OnX (by Garmin), Huntstand, and Huntwise. These apps show public land and property ownership as well as tell you what zones they are assigned. They will help show you what property you can hunt on. They do require a subscription.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk