Burned PTO for this garbage

1 hour ago, madeinuk said:

I used to think that bow hunting in the rain was futile given the likelihood of the blood trail being washed away.  But having recovered a number of deer shot from a ground blind with an almost horizontal flight path and no perceivable blood to follow I am no longer convinced that it is a waste of time.

The ground blind is king in the rain!!! Or a tower blind with a roof if you have one to hunt out of.  

3 hours ago, bucky said:

I can handle light rain and snow but anything beyond that is misery, it's looking like a nice day to have my new tires installed

image.thumb.png.fdcc90ee0cded7b49d09a052045d1f45.png

What app or website is that? It’s pretty detailed. 

Don’t totally give up yet.  Might get some points in the day when the rain lets up.  Also tommorow you could get snow if up north which will have them moving I think.  On top of that rut is on and a buck does not care what the weatherman says he just wants to breed.  They have one thing on their minds right now.  Funny that’s what gets them into trouble.  Good luck

3 hours ago, Lunatic said:

I don;t feel bad for you for not taging out. I envy you for having time to be in the woods as much as you do:up:
Good luck in PA, keep posting!
I guess this is still bow season in PA? They allow crossbows?

Yes still archery in PA and yes, they allow crossbow. Bear season archery is in now. Ends next Saturday

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bowhunter444 said:

Looks like it will slow down tomorrow afternoon might have to sit in the groundblind and try and fill my fall buck tag

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Got deer on camera, 11am so they’re moving. Good luck!

4 hours ago, Lunatic said:

I don;t feel bad for you for not taging out. I envy you for having time to be in the woods as much as you do:up:
Good luck in PA, keep posting!
I guess this is still bow season in PA? They allow crossbows?

Yes and yes. PA goes until Nov 20th and also gives us a Sunday this year on the 15th.  Usually I like to wait until a few days into Nov since that's when the bigger bucks start roaming the farm for doe.  Son went up yesterday and saw good sign and big bucks were seen there already.  Always turns to snow up there first, and they get more of it, so I won't be staying here trying to fill the tag on the last day of fall bow.  

• Like 1

Just took the back roads home from P'burg to Flemington, saw quite a few does on the move and one spike chasing

Edited by bucky
7 hours ago, mfried said:

Sitting in the rain, wasted vacation days, bummer. 

I work M-F and only hunt public land. Today looks burned, hopefully Saturday morning is the day. 

All my eggs are in the Saturday basket too!  We’ll all see soon enough.