Burned PTO for this garbage

4 minutes ago, mfried said:

Sitting in the rain, wasted vacation days, bummer. 

I work M-F and only hunt public land. Today looks burned, hopefully Saturday morning is the day. 

I had a vacation day planned for today but saving since it looked like a washout. But looking at weather report this morning it looks like a dry spell this afternoon. Good luck. Things can happen fast this time of year.

• Like 2

Can't say I didn't have opportunities to fill this tag.  I'm resting up and preparing to go to PA tomorrow for a snow day.  Not going to get soaked today and possibly get pneumonia again for the rest of the season.  That ruined the year for me once.  To me, hunting miserably in a cold rain is not worth a NJ deer.  Hunting in snow is a different story, especially in PA.  That's fun, beautiful, and worth the risk.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Deer live in this weather, deer move in this weather, hunting can be great in this (or any) weather.  This time of year until about the third week of November, anytime or any weather I will be out there when I have the chance to hunt.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
42 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Can't say I didn't have opportunities to fill this tag.  I'm resting up and preparing to go to PA tomorrow for a snow day.  Not going to get soaked today and possibly get pneumonia again for the rest of the season.  That ruined the year for me once.  To me, hunting miserably in a cold rain is not worth a NJ deer.  Hunting in snow is a different story, especially in PA.  That's fun, beautiful, and worth the risk.

I always look at it this way. Hunting is about having fun and enjoying myself in the woods. If you can do both in the rain then more power to you but I will wait for a dry day 

• Agree 1

I used to think that bow hunting in the rain was futile given the likelihood of the blood trail being washed away.  But having recovered a number of deer shot from a ground blind with an almost horizontal flight path and no perceivable blood to follow I am no longer convinced that it is a waste of time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
9 minutes ago, madeinuk said:

I used to think that bow hunting in the rain was futile given the likelihood of the blood trail being washed away.  But having recovered a number of deer shot from a ground blind with an almost horizontal flight path and no perceivable blood to follow I am no longer convinced that it is a waste of time.

Hunting during the rain in the ground blind is cheating. Its like me sitting at home and claiming I am watching TV in the rain:happywave:

• Agree 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

I don;t feel bad for you for not taging out. I envy you for having time to be in the woods as much as you do:up:
Good luck in PA, keep posting!
I guess this is still bow season in PA? They allow crossbows?

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

Hunting during the rain in the ground blind is cheating. Its like me sitting at home and claiming I am watching TV in the rain:happywave:

At my age I just want nourishment not punishment.

I grew up in the UK so I have nothing to prove concerning my ability to endure rain LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 3