IGNORED

Savage 220 - New Style Reviews?

2 hours ago, Outandabout90 said:

Does anyone have the updated 220? Did they change anything other than the stock? I want to sell my 212 and possibly get another 220. My wife has the old style and its been a great gun. 

what does it look like?

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

8 minutes ago, Outandabout90 said:

63-2019-10-16-12-02-2.png.b4956bea431cbefa684a62b95041ebaf.png

I just went to the website and checked it out, the stock is an adjustable accu stock this is a nice gun.

WALMART SUBSTITUTION.png

Edited by bushden
added picture

HONOR THE FALLEN
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

I just called savage to ask if they are selling the new ACCU Adjustable stock and spoke to Katie who said they will be selling the stocks but they are not yet available, they will fit the old model with a change of the lug. That is great news and I will order one as soon as they are available I like a shorter stock

HONOR THE FALLEN

5 minutes ago, OMC said:

I picked one up a few weeks ago feels great very happy with the purchase. Savage didn’t really increase the price with the new Accu-fit stock and Accu-Trigger. Just wish there was ammo available so I could mess around with it.

ill sell you some   LOL 

I bought the new model about a month ago. I bought it as a Cabela’s exclusive combo that came with rings and a weaver scope. I ended up putting on a leupold 3 x 9 on it. It is a tack driver. I was able to get a few boxes of accutips in 3 inch. My savage seems to really like them. Trigger is very nice on it. The gun fit me very well so I didn’t adjust the stock but I do like that feature for when my son is old enough in a few years. So far I am pleased with it. I will be able to tell you more come December.

I bought mine and they had the new one a week later in the store.

The new one has the accustock and adj fit..

The older one does not it has the trigger but not the stock.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

I bought the new style as soon as it came out. I used one of the alternative cheek pieces vs. what was configured out of the box but likely I didn't really need the stock options. Per another comment, I also put a Leupold 3x9 on it which is perfect. Both the Rem accutips and Barnes options work great but I can get 1" or smaller groups at 100 yds. with the Barnes, Accutips close but not quite as good. I moved from a rifle to a shotgun zone last year (last minute) so I had to work with my duck gun. Can't tell you how happy I am with the 220 and am confident I can make a shot on anything I see with it.