IGNORED

Climbing Tree Stands?

1 hour ago, Gman said:

can you explain?   Thanks

Sure, look at the pic below. The top attaches to the tree safety rope I hope you use anyway when climbing. Then you attach the tether from your safety harness to the bottom loop. You move everything up as you climb. If you fell or had to come down the devise unwinds and slowly returns you to the ground. 

D6995C97-D784-42E4-BFE7-5EDF57F7742C.jpeg

image.thumb.png.73c6adefe5b0137987dca250b08c1e25.png

image.thumb.png.b9b8c4d0996fa4d9148c8bd8788fe198.png

Edited by Lunatic

1 hour ago, dlist777 said:

I agree on not climbing on an iced tree.  It's probably OK, but why push it....wet has never been an issue...actually improves the bite.   Also:

1.  always use your tether and move it up as you go.

2. always tie top to bottom of stand so bottom can't fall

3.  have an escape plan if you find yourself  hanging from your tether.  you need some way to take your weight off the tether and then be able to move it down (and repeat) and work your way down.  

Good advise.  To add have a plan and practice it.  Even with a full body harness you have about 6 minutes before your in trouble.  Wich is why a lot of guys went to rock climbing harnesses.   Practice with your relief strap make sure u can locate it while suspended.  I keep a peg in a little pouch attached to my harness so at least I can screw that in and get situated

1 hour ago, Gman said:

oops,  Lunatic, is that a single use or can it be used over and over?

Why the oops? Yes it is single use but guess what, I don't plan on ever using it. It I happens I will gladly buy another one for $45. I looked at the other one on the market with the long tape and and it looks like nothing but a PIA dealing with something this long. This unit is light and compact no parts hanging to deal with.

I bought the summit dead metal major league open front climber..

I thought it would be a go to thing to sneak into new spots, it’s too bad a can’t show the video of the first time   I attended to use her in a hunting scenario because of all the bad names I called her......
the first time I was gonna use it I figured I would cut the suckers as I climbed up , when I got up I felt safe enough until the side of my knees would hit the top part and would swing left or right...I went up and came down and straight into my blind

everything felt safe just sitting but to take a bow shot it seemed unstable 

the 2nd time after a couple of years pass I decided to give her another try this time I de limbed everything b4 climbing up ... once up the top section kept dropping and moving left or right if I wasn’t sitting I thought a ratchet strap to keep it in place but to me I just felt unsafe....maybe because I’m used to really feeling secure in a tree while working in my saddle 

hanging from a nail is all the action she gets

0B7524DF-C6D0-49C4-BF62-D526A9A2A135.jpeg

A5C0CD8D-FE37-4906-BE2F-1C620600AEE9.jpeg

2 hours ago, Monster Marine said:

I thought it would be a go to thing to sneak into new spots, it’s too bad a can’t show the video of the first time   I attended to use her in a hunting scenario because of all the bad names I called her......
the first time I was gonna use it I figured I would cut the suckers as I climbed up , when I got up I felt safe enough until the side of my knees would hit the top part and would swing left or right...I went up and came down and straight into my blind

the 2nd time after a couple of years pass I decided to give her another try this time I de limbed everything b4 climbing up ... once up the top section kept dropping and moving left or right if I wasn’t sitting I thought a ratchet strap to keep it in place but to me I just felt unsafe....maybe because I’m used to really feeling secure in a tree while working in my saddle 

0B7524DF-C6D0-49C4-BF62-D526A9A2A135.jpeg

A5C0CD8D-FE37-4906-BE2F-1C620600AEE9.jpeg

Summits are good stands but like any thing new to you you gotta practice with it..  use it in your back yard a few times before trying to hunt with it

0B7524DF-C6D0-49C4-BF62-D526A9A2A135.thumb.jpeg.13fb22f6949b918a7541f7150a517f15.jpeg
A5C0CD8D-FE37-4906-BE2F-1C620600AEE9.thumb.jpeg.c908a32bb1c731f99fdc44779391063a.jpeg
You need to add Third Hand Stabilizer straps. Once you do this the top portion of your climber will be locked down tightly

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I think I could go on an ice covered tree with mt Treewalker.  It grips the tree better than any other climber I've seen. I haven't tried, but I think I could climb a utility pole with it. 

Then again I wouldn't be out hunting in a situation where there are ice covered trees. There would also be ice covered rocks on the ground walking in creating the potential for a fall with injury.

BTW TreeWalker is out of business.

Are those the ones that goes from the top tips to the bottom piece to keep the pressure downward 
Yes. The lone wolf stands come with them already. You need to purchase them separately for the summit. But it will add much needed stability

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk