IGNORED

10-27-2020 Check in

JHbowhunter

Just now, Monster Marine said:

I feel sick too my stomach the same buck came back at 46 yards .... if I was in my tree stand he would have been under 20 yards when he first stood in front of the tulip.... came back in at 46 yards missed again.... 

I hear you guys think 50 yards is to far but I sure as hell didn’t buy that set up not to make at least those shots......

damn if u do damn if u don’t buck came in like every other buck has on this property 4 years now I know the ranges 

BUT WITH THIS FANCY SIG SAUER BDX SYSTEM U GOTTA RANGE IT FIRST SO THE SCOPE CAN SET THE DISTANCE VIA BLUETOOTH....

I would of had him with my bow

THATS HUNTING AND I LOVE IT...

cold all season and 0-100 in just 2 days

it was the crab claw 10 I got on cam b4 opener

HOLYMOLLI

HOLYMOLLI

Bow hunting is supposed to be a close up encounter.  I passed up two 32 yard shots at one very mature buck 2 nights ago, a shot I can usually hit a silver dollar size spot with great consistency. But both times the different doe he wanted to push, were facing me and seemed very apparent would head my way.  I love shooting them under 20 yards there is no greater feeling!        Both times the doe broke the wrong direction and took buck out of sight but he did return that second time and stubborn me said "history has shown when they are coming your way let them keep coming".     Now I will take a 32 yard shot ever day of week if feeding or walking on a track that is clearly never bringing them closer.  That was not the case. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Bow hunting is supposed to be a close up encounter.  I passed up two 32 yard shots at one very mature buck 2 nights ago, a shot I can usually hit a silver dollar size spot with great consistency. But both times the different doe he wanted to push, were facing me and seemed very apparent would head my way.  I love shooting them under 20 yards there is no greater feeling!        Both times the doe broke the wrong direction and took buck out of sight but he did return that second time and stubborn me said "history has shown when they are coming your way let them keep coming".     Now I will take a 32 yard shot ever day of week if feeding or walking on a track that is clearly never bringing them closer.  That was not the case. 
So you didn't "pass" 2 shots..
You misread the deer and got outsmarted twice [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

So you didn't "pass" 2 shots..
You misread the deer and got outsmarted twice emoji38.png

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

still learning Jay- someday I will figure this out...

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

30 minutes ago, Monster Marine said:

I gotta really hit the target again to see what’s going on.....

maybe bcause I left it cocked since Sunday’s Hunt both shots arrow landed really short like they ran outta gas maybe the limbs lost compression????

YES I WAS EXCITED MAYBE RANGED WRONG THING....

While the bow is capable of the shot and much further 50 yrds is pushing it on an animal with archery equipment.   Yes your cross bow is fast but it is still an arrow not a gun Especially one that is love struck on a doe  To many factors come in to play.  You said the buck was on a doe wich already had him hi strung.  Un seen twigs etc.  Now put the human factor.  Buck fever not steady its a recipe for failure.  Chances are nothing is wrong with the bow and it was hunter error.  Limb could have hit blind wrong range etc.

Edited by vdep217

Set up a blind, blindly, on the downwind side of a scrape line that I thought headed straight down the hill.  A deer came in from behind me along the contour.  Never heard it until it bounded off down the hill from just 5yds behind me.  Sounded heavy, and in 2 seconds was 100yds away down in the valley before it stopped.  All I could see was it's tail at that point.  That's all part of the fun hunting off the ground

I hear you guys 

hell yes the adrenaline was flowing that’s why I do it....

YES HUMAN ERROR CAN BE A FACTOR....

but I have only shot this twice b4,my wife and daughter each made bullseye shots each on their first try’s .... so that made me feel better I knew it was me and not the ravin I was like 3” low That was at 52 yards..

I WAS DEEP IN THE OX-5 blind on shooting sticks I did feel pretty steady

OH WELL EXCITING NIGHT FOR SURE

9 hours ago, Monster Marine said:

I hear you guys 

hell yes the adrenaline was flowing that’s why I do it....

YES HUMAN ERROR CAN BE A FACTOR....

but I have only shot this twice b4,my wife and daughter each made bullseye shots each on their first try’s .... so that made me feel better I knew it was me and not the ravin I was like 3” low That was at 52 yards..

I WAS DEEP IN THE OX-5 blind on shooting sticks I did feel pretty steady

OH WELL EXCITING NIGHT FOR SURE

If you're only shooting target points for practice you may find that a broadhead is going to fly differently.  More so if you're shooting a fixed head out of a super fast bow.  If you're shooting fixed, sacrifice one as a practice head.  Rage hypo mechanical heads come with a practice head to simulate the real head.  Not sure what others do, but mech heads will fly more like a target point than a fixed head.

Too many crossbow haters saying you can just pick one up and shoot it like a rifle.  Big misconception!  A mistake on your part to not zero it in to the way you shoot it, and it takes more than 2 shots to confirm all your arrows will shoot the same at all the distances on the scope and to make sure the scope is correctly calibrated for those distances.

Edited by Greybeard

LOL BEAT MYSELF UP ALL NIGHT...

back to the MATHEWS until I can figure this out.....

from my experience you only see the big boys only once but the rut hasn’t kicked in yet so there’s hope.... he wasn’t really interested in the 3 doe,

but he did fight himself from sticking his nose in that LUCKY BUCK MINERAL.....

BLUE MOON ...........

time to see what these spynal tapp bolts do.....

I was using the ravins.001 bolts

111DCD56-5F1F-43F8-8E6B-3DB299A79081.jpeg

48963DB0-BBDF-4C4B-BACD-CE7C412EACF4.jpeg

Edited by Monster Marine

1 hour ago, Monster Marine said:

LOL BEAT MYSELF UP ALL NIGHT...

back to the MATHEWS until I can figure this out.....

from my experience you only see the big boys only once but the rut hasn’t kicked in yet so there’s hope.... he wasn’t really interested in the 3 doe,

but he did fight himself from sticking his nose in that LUCKY BUCK MINERAL.....

BLUE MOON ...........

time to see what these spynal tapp bolts do.....

I was using the ravins.001 bolts

111DCD56-5F1F-43F8-8E6B-3DB299A79081.jpeg

48963DB0-BBDF-4C4B-BACD-CE7C412EACF4.jpeg

Get the 20yd hairs zeroed in, then move back to 30 40 and 50.  If the poi keeps dropping lower below the bullseye as you move back, then the speed dial on the scope is set too fast.