IGNORED

NJ Newbie - What do you think about this dude?

orange.n.black

Hello Everyone. What do you guys think of this dude for South Jersey? Ex PA resident (mostly northern PA hunting experience) tryna get a feel for what deer sizes look like here in SJ. Was taking a walk around the edge of my property at my house last week and I found what I thought was a scrape along the hardwoods edge so I decided to throw a camera near it for giggles. Its just a big field with hardwoods dotting the edges all around. No food plots or anything. Besides about 20 different doe's, this guy showed up. Hes not a monster....but not bad either. I was def surprised when I saw this. Thinking maybe I should throw some feed and a blind out there....

Welcome to the site.  You should never worry about what deer you decide to shoot provided it is legal for the season and weapon you're hunting.  I did much of my deer hunting over the decades in Potter County, and that one would have won the camp pot 9 out of 10 years.  But it is still young and has lots of upside if he lives another two years or so.