IGNORED

Oil burner service - Recommendation needed in Hunterdon

joeyguts

I'm in Hampton and I need to get my oil burner serviced for the coming winter. They guy I used moved to Florida. Can anyone recommend someone who is good and reliable?

I buy my oil from a discount oil company and they don't have a service department.

Thank you.

Skylands, request for Joe!!!.. I think he has about 50 years experience! made a call into them last week said will send a guy tomorrow,well I was the first stop 7:30 a.m. I think it was two years ago furnace quit on New year's Eve. A kid showed up New year's day morning and fixed it. You can't get better service than that!... So anyway last week when Joe came the problem was stupid valve that wasn't allowing the oil to shoot in to ignite the furnace. Took em all but about 15 minutes to do the job.$109.00

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

12 minutes ago, joeyguts said:

Thanks, I'll check Skylands out.

I guarantee you won't be disappointed!.. they will also deliver your oil, and they have a budget plan!!!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

36 minutes ago, NJREALTOR said:

Van Doren just serviced my furnace yesterday. Why  go anywhere else? They're on Rt 22 in Whitehouse.

Reminds me of Meltzers's, why go anywhere eltzer's.

Stem Brothers in Milford. Very reliable and excellent service. Their oil prices are on par...usually a couple cents over the “discount” oil places, but offer payment plans if needed and most importantly 24 hour service if something ever goes wrong. That “discount” oil supplier won’t come out at 2:00 am if you’ve got a problem. 

Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, "Aw, who cares?" And then I think, "Hey, what's for supper?"

+1 For Stem Bro’s 

Friendly bunch, good service.

Another plus is that they deliver even in adverse conditions  - I have a steep driveway with a very narrow entrance.  They have come up that driveway in some very hairy conditions.

Edited by madeinuk

I'm on contract with Stem also. A little bit more than the competition but service is excellent. I'm gone for a few weeks and a few more weekends during hunting season and the price is worth the piece of mind knowing that if something happens and I'm off grid somewhere, things will be handled.

15 minutes ago, Kype said:

stem brothers. 

do you guys get your boiler serviced every year or every other year?

we get it done every year, but the guy I used retired to Florida and I lost contact with him. I still want to stay on the yearly schedule