IGNORED

Hainsville General Store Taking Pre Orders

BHC

22 minutes ago, BHC said:

Bob and his wife are taking pre-orders for Thanksgiving pies, if you had the pies in the past you know how good they are, if you haven't you need to try them. Placed my order for apple crumb

Bob, his wife and staff are wonderful 

Very nice of you to post Joe!.. I haven't been there in many moons, but I loved that place. A little up topic but sidebar question. Is The honky tonk two doors down still open? I forget the name of the place but had good times there, shovelheads accepted!This was 30-40 years ago, the

A lady came from New York City somewhere,and bought it and had a shuffleboard table and a pool table, cool thing about the pool table it didn't accept money in the slots, there was a coffee can,honor system..$.050

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Nice to see there still open and doing well!. I'm sure they have the support from the governor.choke. pal's tavern I'm sure he's eating there.

https://www.theaquarian.com/2014/01/08/bar-time-drinking-up-jersey-with-babe-ruth/

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 hour ago, hunterbob1 said:

Nice to see there still open and doing well!. I'm sure they have the support from the governor.choke. pal's tavern I'm sure he's eating there.

https://www.theaquarian.com/2014/01/08/bar-time-drinking-up-jersey-with-babe-ruth/

That's really cool i can tell you where he stayed a lot. I did some work at a place in Warwick NY it was a beautiful old place called sleepy valley rehabilitation center for alcoholics and addicts. But prior it was a bed and breakfast type place i believe with a good bar. The inside of the place when we were doing improvements was just loaded with too many pictures of him there too count. I asked the guy in charge there and he said he would stay there for weeks on end sometimes.  I would have loved to had a beer there back in the day before it became a rehab.

4 hours ago, hemlock said:

That's really cool i can tell you where he stayed a lot. I did some work at a place in Warwick NY it was a beautiful old place called sleepy valley rehabilitation center for alcoholics and addicts. But prior it was a bed and breakfast type place i believe with a good bar. The inside of the place when we were doing improvements was just loaded with too many pictures of him there too count. I asked the guy in charge there and he said he would stay there for weeks on end sometimes.  I would have loved to had a beer there back in the day before it became a rehab.

He hunted in a section of what today is Stokes State Forest, He actually spent lots of time in the area.

2 hours ago, Bowhunter458 said:

He hunted in a section of what today is Stokes State Forest, He actually spent lots of time in the area.

I recollect something to someone once told me, if it is at the end of 31 West make a right on 46 West in a couple miles up in the hills he had a moonshining still.

On 10/23/2020 at 2:15 PM, Tarhunt said:

Are they gluten-free? 

Tar, yes they have both gluten free and sugar free, in somewhat limited options of course. I know this for true since my daughter is gluten free and my wife was a diabetic prior to her passing in May, and I've gotten pies for them  both there.