3 hours ago, gregtpal said:

Nothing to do with this product but I still haven't gotten over being annoyed that NJ DFG would be so stupid as to require you to put a homemade tag instead of the license tag on a deer so I still put my tag  on the deer most of the time & when I do a homemade tag for second deer, I do it real sloppy on purpose.  Same treatment when I have to certify no unpaid child support.  I dare anyone to try to read anything I wrote on that form.  What can I say except I have extremely poor penmanship....

WTF!?  They change the regs saying you don't have to put the license tag on your deer but they don't shift to full print your own license & then when the CO's tell the brass the untagged deer in trucks creates an enforcement issue, instead of admitting they made a poor decision, they come up with this ridiculous solution of homemade tags to save face.

What more could we expect from the people who still require us to purchase a rifle permit when there is no longer a rifle hunter education requirement....end of rant...

Maybe I’m missing something, which is very possible. However, with infinite number of deer that you can take in most zones in one single season how would you tag all these deer if you were to use the one provided with your license?  It does not seam practical 

• Like 1

There have to be better options.  The vast majority of hunters only take 1-3 deer/year imo & the old tag on the carcass routine would cover all of those kills.

For multiple kill tags, one option could be a single tag like now with space for multiple conf#'s recorded on the same tag, possibly on the back of the tag.  If a carcass is left at a butcher or taxi & the hunter intends to take another deer on that tag, only then would the hunter keep the tag & write out the homemade tag for the butcher or taxi.

Another option is to print multiple stubs with a tag for those tags that allow more than 1 kill.  In the rare situation when all are used, a process for the hunter to order more cold be started.

Or could just go to print your own license & print a tag when needed.  CO's could check if that tag has been used for a conf# if they suspect someone killed more than allowed.  Yes, they could cheat but plenty of states do allow print your own.

4 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

There have to be better options.  The vast majority of hunters only take 1-3 deer/year imo & the old tag on the carcass routine would cover all of those kills.

For multiple kill tags, one option could be a single tag like now with space for multiple conf#'s recorded on the same tag, possibly on the back of the tag.  If a carcass is left at a butcher or taxi & the hunter intends to take another deer on that tag, only then would the hunter keep the tag & write out the homemade tag for the butcher or taxi.

Another option is to print multiple stubs with a tag for those tags that allow more than 1 kill.  In the rare situation when all are used, a process for the hunter to order more cold be started.

Or could just go to print your own license & print a tag when needed.  CO's could check if that tag has been used for a conf# if they suspect someone killed more than allowed.  Yes, they could cheat but plenty of states do allow print your own.

Sure there are endless options. For me it’s not a big deal to write few things down and attach it to the deer. If I was to use one tag o would for sure lose it. You said you wouldn’t mind printing your license and then printing additional tags. Ok, then print report cards provided in the digest and your problem is solved. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Sure there are endless options. For me it’s not a big deal to write few things down and attach it to the deer. If I was to use one tag o would for sure lose it. You said you wouldn’t mind printing your license and then printing additional tags. Ok, then print report cards provided in the digest and your problem is solved. 

I have extra tags printed in my glove box but usually still just fill out tag, put in license holder & pin to deer

On 11/5/2020 at 4:24 PM, Lunatic said:

I’m with you, I just copy the forms in the hunting digest and pre-populate with key information. Once I receive state confirmation number I just jot that down and stick inside the deer’s ear using rubber bands. 

• Like 1