IGNORED

8 POINT DOWN, 2nd Sit of the year THANK YOU GOD !!

bushden

20 hours ago, bushden said:

Went out alone tonight and debated should I climb up or be safe and stay on the ground.  Well after a bunch of does at 6PM  came out this nice 8 pointer that I have never seen before showed up at 30 yards, not my target buck but a good animal to take with only a couple weeks before the next season.  It was a nice quartering double lung shot deer ran about 100 yards diagonal across the field heading for the woods and dropped at the rock wall before he got in. Son came out right away and helped me load him up and off to the butcher. THERE WERE A LOT A PRAYERS ON THIS SIT, AND THEY CERTAINLY WORKED!!

HARVEST ID AD1930420A

IMG_E1744.JPG

5 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

If you don't already have one, 100% put a lifeline on all your stands.  Adds peace of mind in case anything ever happened while climbing.  The line will hang vertically between you and the ladder as you climb, and you can slide the prussik/Klemheist knot up as you go, one step at a time.  Then when you get to the top and on the platform, just move the line out of the way (I usually swing mine around the ladder and to the back right as a right handed shooter).  Repeat the process to come back down.  WORLD of difference having a life line and the level of comfort when climbing and not fearing a fall! :up:

Are they hard to use? And will they support 220lbs

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 hour ago, bushden said:

Are they hard to use? And will they support 220lbs

Hell yes, I am 187 lbs  and can still climb like a monkey (ok an older monkey but still climb great). I use them on most of my stands.     You absolutely MUST have the lifelines on your stands so you are connected from ground to stand all the way up, and all the way back to earth.   Once you get to the top, just slide the prussic knot up shoulder level and you are locked in.   

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

59 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Nice buck, congrats!  Always nice to have reliable help.  My father (75 years old) has not dragged a deer out in probably 10 years, i always enjoy that work for him.  When I start getting older, I can only hope my sons will help me.

Your a good son and I am sure your dad loves you for it.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL