IGNORED

10/19 Family Hunt - Daughter's first hunt

not on the rug

My 6 year old has been shooting bows since her 3rd birthday and this year told me she was ready to hunt with me.  I set up a Rhino R500 on a small private piece in Zone 7 that has a ton of deer activity.  Well, today is the day.  I casually mentioned this morning that I was going to hunt later on and she told me that she and mommy were coming along tonight.   She's psyched!  I have her bag all packed up and have an extra flashlight for her to track blood.  Not going to lie...if it's brown, it's down.  I want her first hunt to be a memorable one and I also need some meat for the freezer.  Heading out shortly.   Will post updates.  

Well...the woods were completely dead today.  1 squirrel.  No chipmunks.  A handful of birds.  No deer.  On the bright side, she loved the experience and had a blast.  She was way quieter than I expected and did a great job overall.  She is already asking when we can go out again

2 hours ago, Njkoren said:

Good luck. Fill that freezer!! 

What did you start her with. My boy is 3.5 and id like to get him shooting.

Started her out with some simple kids bows that @LPJRand @Sharpdogs gave me.  I can't remember what any of them were.  I gave them away to another member a year or so ago. 

Now she shoots a Diamond Atomic, which is a great kids bow.  l had her shooting fingers for about 6 months but now she uses a release and shoots with a peep and D-Loop.  

9 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Well...the woods were completely dead today.  1 squirrel.  No chipmunks.  A handful of birds.  No deer.  On the bright side, she loved the experience and had a blast.  She was way quieter than I expected and did a great job overall.  She is already asking when we can go out again

Well it sucks no deer showed but good she wants to go again. Good luck next time

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

36 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Started her out with some simple kids bows that @LPJRand @Sharpdogs gave me.  I can't remember what any of them were.  I gave them away to another member a year or so ago. 

Now she shoots a Diamond Atomic, which is a great kids bow.  l had her shooting fingers for about 6 months but now she uses a release and shoots with a peep and D-Loop.  

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I started my son with Barnett Lil Sioux bow.  Get some better arrows with decent field tips so the arrows don't bounce off the target.  I used to tape dollar bills or balloons to the target to make it fun.

Not on the Rug, congrats on getting your daughter out.