ATV on WMA

barrike

I've been hunting a new part of my local WMA this season. 3 of the 4 times I've been there I've encountered people on dirt bikes and ATVs. This evening as I was in the parking lot prepping to hunt, I once again heard an ATV coming up the trail. This time I recorded video of the guy and his young passenger with my phone. I asked him if he knew it was public land. He said "yup" and continued on his way... onto the public road! There are some real d-bags out there. I wonder if the police or local warden would be interested in the video?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

My understanding is they have to catch them in the act.  The key seems to be calling them while you/they are there.  During turkey season this spring we encountered two different groups, both living on bordering property.  I have zero hesitation calling and reporting them.

yeah atvs and dirtbikes suck. they find a piece of land or woods and think they can ride in it. i had problems with an area i use to hunt. i wanted to report it but, at least they are not sitting inside on the computer or video games.

yes they destroy habitat. yes they are a PIA to hunters. but they are outside. 

for the parents, i say find the right land first before you go buying your children a dirt bike or quad. be mindful of the WMA, and state land where hunters are trying to enjoy their favorite outdoor activity. 

10 hours ago, Kype said:

yeah atvs and dirtbikes suck. they find a piece of land or woods and think they can ride in it. i had problems with an area i use to hunt. i wanted to report it but, at least they are not sitting inside on the computer or video games.

for the parents, i say find the right land first before you go buying your children a dirt bike or quad. be mindful of the WMA, and state land where hunters are trying to enjoy their favorite outdoor activity. 

Talking to parents will do nothing, it is a learned behavior. Summonses, fines, license suspensions, and  impounding of the vehicles is what get the point across

10pt,really?  We sportsmen pay through the nose for the purchase and maintenance of these lands with license and permit fees, and "kids" willfully trespass and tear up the land, our land, with the tacit approval of their parents, and you're ok with that???  I can't begin to understand your way of thinking.

I make a call to Fish&Game every time I encounter them.   We all should, to the point of becoming pests. 

Edited by 6.5 Swede

17 hours ago, 10pt said:

Jersey is the state were fun goes to die. 

My yard backs up to public land and the neighborhood kids drive down my street with dirt bikes and quads all the time. Deer barely pay attention to it. I would never call a warden or the cops on kids having fun.

Ok so if you owned 10 acres that connected to that public land, and the riders were tearing up your property, you would be ok with it? After all. they're kids just "having fun" and I'm sure if someone got hurt there no one would sue you. I lost property because of kids trespassing on ATVs, one wrecked, sued the property owner and won. Now the guy won't let anyone on the property for any reason.

17 hours ago, Kype said:

So tearing up habitat and trespassing is better than sitting on the computer or playing video games? Lmao

56 minutes ago, DBuck said:

Ok so if you owned 10 acres that connected to that public land, and the riders were tearing up your property, you would be ok with it? After all. they're kids just "having fun" and I'm sure if someone got hurt there no one would sue you. I lost property because of kids trespassing on ATVs, one wrecked, sued the property owner and won. Now the guy won't let anyone on the property for any reason.

So tearing up habitat and trespassing is better than sitting on the computer or playing video games? Lmao

i said they were a problem and tear up habitat. and were a problem where i use to hunt. and said they should find property before buying a quad or dirtbike. and i said they suck. 

the comment where i said its better then being on video games is getting your panties in a bunch? 

you clearly cant read. or you need stronger glasses. have a good day internet badass.:happywave:

3 hours ago, Kype said:

i said they were a problem and tear up habitat. and were a problem where i use to hunt. and said they should find property before buying a quad or dirtbike. and i said they suck. 

the comment where i said its better then being on video games is getting your panties in a bunch? 

you clearly cant read. or you need stronger glasses. have a good day internet badass.:happywave:

Yup I read all that just fine. My panties aren't in a bunch over the comment, just found it amusing. Don't really see where the comment warranted to  coming off as an "internet Badass". Don't be such a sensitive Sally.