CHRIS CHRISTIE TALKS ABOUT COVID-19 AND WEARING A MASK

Why bother.  The Presidents advisor is pushing herd immunity. Once we get to 2 million deaths, enough people would have gotten infected and will be immune?  Herd immunity is achieved when there are NO OTHER options. It's not a policy!

Disgusting. 

Well, I'm not a Sheep or any other herd animal. This is not how human beings should think. It's an indication of surrender. 

Kudos for Christie for speaking his mind. It could have been very bad for him. 

Edited by archer36
  • Like 2
Just now, archer36 said:

Why bother.  The Presidents advisor is pushing herd immunity. Once we get to 2 million deaths, enough people would have gotten infected and will be immune? 

Disgusting. 

Well, I'm not a Sheep or any other herd animal. This is not how human beings should think. It's an indication of surrender. 

Kudos for Christie for speaking his mind. It could have been very bad for him. 

While the death associated with covid are real numbers (cough cough)  lets say they are for argument sake.  This is not an accurate way to determine if it is effecting deaths.

The only way to see the effect is to take the average deaths in total meaning all deaths from the last 10 years or more in this same time frame.  Say January to now and get a mean.

Than see what the total deaths for this year are.  Chances are we are not if any higher than the average deaths per year meaning covid did not have an effect on the total number of deaths

• Like 3
  • Disagree 1

What a coincidence. We were just informed that my Brother-In-Law  has been admitted to the hospital with COVID. He is 76 years old but in great previous health. 

Anyone taking this lightly is insane. 

15 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

While the death associated with covid are real numbers (cough cough)  lets say they are for argument sake.  This is not an accurate way to determine if it is effecting deaths.

The only way to see the effect is to take the average deaths in total meaning all deaths from the last 10 years or more in this same time frame.  Say January to now and get a mean.

Than see what the total deaths for this year are.  Chances are we are not if any higher than the average deaths per year meaning covid did not have an effect on the total number of deaths

Here's the data on excess deaths:  https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Woodsman416 said:

Chris Christie giving health advise about anything!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Personal experience advice from a man who just got out of 7 days in ICU with COVID-19 is not funny, it real life hands on advice which is better that all the theory and guessing out there by the anti mask soldiers, now they are funny :tooth::tooth::tooth::rofl:

• Winner 1
4 minutes ago, bushden said:

BowhunterNJ,  That was an interesting read, but it gave me a head ache. You need an MIT degree to fully understand it.

I think the main takeaway is that there are excess deaths during this COVID period.  40% at the highest point and still seeing around 4-8% PER WEEK.  What can't be argued is the total deaths (and the excess) based on historical averages relative to the overall population.  Regardless of cause, the total number of deaths is higher than expected (still).

• Like 1

My point being, Chris Christie has more comorbidities than I have have hunting boots. He and I are the same age. I had covid early on in April. I was sick for 1 day. I didn't feel "right" for about 5 days. In his case,  I think it has more to do with lifestyle choices than just dumb luck.

Edited by Woodsman416
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1
1 minute ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I think the main takeaway is that there are excess deaths during this COVID period.  40% at the highest point and still seeing around 4-8%.  What can't be argued is the total deaths (and the excess) based on historical averages relative to the overall population.  Regardless of cause, the total number of deaths is higher than expected (still).

.....and it's not over. Predictions are over 500,000 if current practices of voluntary mask wearing continues. So damn PITIFUL. 

8 minutes ago, Woodsman416 said:

My point being, Chris Christie has more comorbidities than I have have hunting boots. He and I are the same age. I had covid early on in April. I was sick for 1 day. I didn't feel "right" for about 5 days. I think it has more to do with lifestyle choices than just dumb luck.

Recently friends of friends all came down with COVID. The Father has health issues. The Wife, Son, and Daughter-In-Law do not. The Wife is in the hospital. 

If anyone THINKS they have this figured out they are WRONG!

You want to roll the dice, go ahead. 

Edited by archer36
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, vdep217 said:

That is where I would have to disagree with you. We had shutdowns, tons of people out of work, etc. All these would contribute to a lower death count. There are less people being killed in automobile crashes, work accidents, etc. If you remember hearing about hospitals cutting back on staffing (when covid was stable). That is because people just were not out and about getting hurt playing sports, auto crashes or even just getting sick because less germs because of less people around.  Many factors would actually make the death toll lower than any of the last 10 years. If we match or exceed it then that is a huge problem.

5 hours ago, vdep217 said:

The fact  of the matter is we are on pace to have less people dying in 2020 than in 19 and 18

case closed 

Edited by Lunatic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1