IGNORED

Where's All the Bucks?

On 10/16/2020 at 5:35 PM, electric10162 said:

Cream Ridge Buck shot last week by a Buddys Wife

49340.thumb.jpeg.71cfc3e239ae1b66a5b5ff63d3feb6d3.jpeg49262.thumb.jpeg.48f971efda676b465bb6694f6f478a43.jpeg

Nice buck !!

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.  I am new to this site, but an old-time hunter.  65 to be exact.  I am hoping to get back into the game (ugh, puns).  Last time I went hunting was back in 1980.  Had to stop because of back pain from arthritis.  Dragging my deer through the woods even a short distance was getting to be more than I could bear.   I still have the arthritis, but not nearly as bad from the surgery.  I also have the handicapped hunter permit and placard now that allows me to drive up closer to where I will be hunting from.  The family loves venison, and I have not been hunting for so long that my old haunts are no longer even there.  Its sad when you go back to an area you knew so long ago and find a development there now.

So I am hoping that I could get some help in locating good hunting areas in NJ for the shotgun season this year.  I live in south Jersey, but am not opposed to driving north and spending a few days in my car or getting a cheap hotel room.  There are WMA's all over Jersey, and I have checked out 5 around where I live so far.  They are proving to be busts.  The last one I checked out was Thundergut WMA.  The access roads were closed and gated off with no trespassing signs on them from SJ Gas Co.  

I know there are several apps that can be downloaded on the cell phones, but I am at a loss as to which are worth the time and investment.  Last time I went hunting I used maps from this book, but updates to this are no longer in circulation.  Any help in locating a good buck hunting area would really be appreciated.  

IMG_0027.thumb.JPG.5bdacdc2bdd9236fa09c1f498c2081c9.JPG

In the last two afternoons I sat in two different counties and saw over 50 deer, only five scrub bucks in the ranks with nothing chasing. Here is one herd moving through unmolested , you would think a big boy would be on the job:hmmmer:

KIMG2974.jpeg.e011be26ffbb30c3473968aa180047cb.jpeg

Edited by bucky