IGNORED

Who has been NZ ducking?

Batsto

Got out Tuesday- insane amount of birds. 2 man limit of woodies, a mallard and black duck. Looks of geese flying too. Got out yesterday- only shot two woodies. no other ducks moving around and very few geese. Gotta love Waterfowl hunting! 

Annoyed I wont be out for South Opener. Good luck to those getting out. Batsto- cant stand your political posts but you got one good looking dog! haha. Enjoy the hunt! maybe see you out in one of the Pine Potholes. 

4 hours ago, Batsto said:

Any new birds migrating? Saw tons of Geese last night. 

As far new birds migrating since NZ opener on Saturday (10/10) haven't seen many new birds. We had great numbers on opener for sure and they stuck around for the most part during the week. We've had some banner mornings this week up until this morning (10/16). Wood ducks have gotten stale for sure.

Overall bagged typical Woodies, more Mallards than usual, and surprisingly a few Black Ducks and GWT. Usually don't see Black Ducks until December in our spots. 

As I type, this weather front today (10/16) into tomorrow morning looks like our best bet in the near future for a push of new birds. Should be good for guys hitting SZ opener and others sticking out the last day of NZ first split.

Back out for the last day yesterday. Tons of gunfire. Someone must have found a honey hole close to my area because they were tearing it up all morning. I only managed a drake mallard after a spell of some piss poor shooting although my chances were slim with very few birds in range. Few big ducks seen. Waves of woodies left at first light and nothing pouring back in. Beautiful morning for a paddle. 

92FA21D3-E285-4416-BA1E-BF09860CC5A0.jpeg

489CA86F-646F-4CF3-89F7-19704B707F4E.jpeg

54885974-B089-4A65-869F-FB825DEB57CB.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 8:39 AM, Mallard1100 said:

Back out for the last day yesterday. Tons of gunfire. Someone must have found a honey hole close to my area because they were tearing it up all morning. I only managed a drake mallard after a spell of some piss poor shooting although my chances were slim with very few birds in range. Few big ducks seen. Waves of woodies left at first light and nothing pouring back in. Beautiful morning for a paddle. 

92FA21D3-E285-4416-BA1E-BF09860CC5A0.jpeg

489CA86F-646F-4CF3-89F7-19704B707F4E.jpeg

54885974-B089-4A65-869F-FB825DEB57CB.jpeg

I have that same camo wrap. Its the best isnt it .....