IGNORED

Refrigerator Finally On It's Last Leg

BHC

I replaced everything I could but it's shot.....Freezer will not self defrost but is cold, the refrigerator is 110% shot. 

So after some researching we decided on the make/model.....PC Richard's had for $1650, but I found it online at a store in Ohio for $1399, so after work I shot over to the PC Richards in Carteret, they price matched plus it's a 3.5% sales tax area, free delivery but because of Covid19 items like refrigerators, chest freezers are on backorder for 4 to 5 weeks

They just don't make things to last like they use too

Anybody have a Bosch?  Was looking for one too because mine is acting up again.  LG suck, and I paid a lot for it. They had a class action suite against them, even.  Everything was not available when I was looking so I'm waiting as long as I can.  Bosch are more expensive but so are they all for what you get.  Just wondering if I would get better quality and something that would last 20years instead of one that breaks after the warranty period is up.

Bosch makes great dishwashers,  refrigerators I'm not sure of....I went with ole reliable Whirlpool....what made these days last 20 years? I paid for a 8 year extended warranty if it breaks PC RICHARDS fixes it, if it breaks numerous times they replace it

15 hours ago, BHC said:

I replaced everything I could but it's shot.....Freezer will not self defrost but is cold, the refrigerator is 110% shot. 

So after some researching we decided on the make/model.....PC Richard's had for $1650, but I found it online at a store in Ohio for $1399, so after work I shot over to the PC Richards in Carteret, they price matched plus it's a 3.5% sales tax area, free delivery but because of Covid19 items like refrigerators, chest freezers are on backorder for 4 to 5 weeks

They just don't make things to last like they use too

Good luck getting it in 4 to 5 weeks

We just ordered everything for the kitchen and they will not give me a delivery date

Some things come in quick and others don't

We also went with Whirlpool

Edited by mightyhunter

Unfortunately, after replacing several of my appliances in the last few years, some more than once, the conclusion is I need to buy cheap units to reduce my cost because you end up replacing them as scheduled. In addition, it is my experience the high end models with fancy electronics break down faster.

• 1 month later...

Well it's been 5 weeks since I ordered it, got the call this morning, they will delivery it this Friday just in time for Thanksgiving.....normally I have 20 plus people here but with this Covid19 crap just going to be the 4 of us....great part of this virus my two stupid, overwight, usless brother in laws don't come here:rofl:

Good luck with it!  Hope it come undamaged.  Almost every time we get an appliance delivered it comes damaged and has to go back.  Last time the freezer looked like somebody took a sledge hammer to it and the box wasn't damaged so it got packaged that way.   Before that a fridge went back twice.  First time it had a big dent on the side.  Second time my wife saw them just drop it off the back of the truck instead of using the lift.  Told them don't even open it.  They always try the,"we'll give you $50 off"