Best and lightest boots for pheasant hunting

23 hours ago, Bowhunter458 said:

I stopped buying Rocky boots, their soles fall apart, their customer service sucks..  Their rubber bottomed boots don't last long either

They are ahead of the curve.  Their bottoms started falling apart way ahead of the junk being produced now.  Happened to my dad's soles when it was unheard of.

6 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

They are ahead of the curve.  Their bottoms started falling apart way ahead of the junk being produced now.  Happened to my dad's soles when it was unheard of.

I have had 3 different pairs which i owned at the same time for different purposes completely disintegrate on me, I will not buy Rocky anything.... Their customer service was like "tough luck".

4 hours ago, Bowhunter458 said:

I have had 3 different pairs which i owned at the same time for different purposes completely disintegrate on me, I will not buy Rocky anything.... Their customer service was like "tough luck".

They are dead to me.  Rocky is not even considered when I get new boots.  They are not even I thought.  The last pair I bough were Mucks 3  years ago and they are holding up great.  No sign of wear.

There is no such thing as "game" specific boots. You can encounter drastically different weather and temps from the start of the season to the end. If you own multiple pairs of boots for deer hunting, they should also fit into your Pheasant hunting in some way.  If someone recommends ONE type of boot, it will not fit your needs throughout the season. 

I have 12 pairs of boots. I can find what I need anytime of the year under any conditions. My guess is you need at least 4 pairs of various kinds of boots. 

Edited by archer36
On 12/20/2020 at 10:15 PM, MPSR said:

I bought a pair of Crispi Hunter GLX Hunting boots this year.. First time buying an Italian made boot.  These things are truly awesome.. Check them out... First boot my feet never sweat in... Danner Elk Hunters would be my second choice if your looking to spend under 250.

DEAL ALERT!    Marked down from $500 to $489!

They better not give me any bunion pain at that price!

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/101866910?pid=931561&utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Footwear+-+Men's+Hunting+Boots&utm_content=931561&gclid=CjwKCAiAz4b_BRBbEiwA5XlVVh1FssMZvswnpEGMXgIniiR1HsqqLXGMx8wHPWlvvahEY788xWWvIBoCbZkQAvD_BwE

On 12/20/2020 at 10:15 PM, MPSR said:

I bought a pair of Crispi Hunter GLX Hunting boots this year.. First time buying an Italian made boot.  These things are truly awesome.. Check them out... First boot my feet never sweat in... Danner Elk Hunters would be my second choice if your looking to spend under 250.

Did you get the full grain uppers or settle for the Nubuck version?

I went through two pairs of Rocky boots in four years and replaced them with a pair of 10” Danner Canadians that I got 13 seasons out of. That was back when I ran Brittanies 3-5 times a week in and out of state for grouse, woodcock and pheasants. I would never again buy any products made by Rocky. But loved my Danners. 

Upland boots usually have a shallower tread and much less support that big game boots. The reasoning is that you will usually be hunting on relatively flat ground, ie. not side hilling over shale. Walking comfort is what matters most.

LL Bean - Insulated Upland Boots

The old go-to for upland hunting were Browning and Cabelas Kangaroo boots, neither of which are made anymore (I think). I had the Cabela's model many years ago, and they were really easy-walking boots.

On 12/23/2020 at 11:01 AM, flat9999 said:

Upland boots usually have a shallower tread and much less support that big game boots. The reasoning is that you will usually be hunting on relatively flat ground, ie. not side hilling over shale. Walking comfort is what matters most.

LL Bean - Insulated Upland Boots

The old go-to for upland hunting were Browning and Cabelas Kangaroo boots, neither of which are made anymore (I think). I had the Cabela's model many years ago, and they were really easy-walking boots.

These seem cool....if the Maine Wardens are wearing em they must be good!!  Lol

E7EF0E55-F7B8-4750-84E4-466FB3FC0A87.png

I stopped buying Rocky boots, their soles fall apart, their customer service sucks..  Their rubber bottomed boots don't last long either

I have a pair of cold weather Rockies that I still wear that i got in the early 2000’s. Another pair I had for work lasted 15 years and the only reason I got new ones were because I wanted a zipper side. Maybe you have just had some bad luck, or maybe I’ve just been lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk