IGNORED

Please Help me out I’m so confused where hunting and trapping is allowed

I’m trying to figure out how exactly to know where hunting is allowed and where it’s not, specifically pertaining to state parks. I found a spot that I’ve seen a lot of animal activity at and I am reasonably certain it is within Farny state park from Apple Maps but how do I find out for sure? I’ve search so many times for a map of the boundaries of farny state park and have consistently found nothing. All I found is a document saying how many acres of farny are open to hunting but no map as to where those locations are. The NJDEP wasn’t much help either I emailed them requesting a map of where hunting is allowed in farny and got no reply. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Smungung

Here it is. I got this from OnXhunt app. This app will show you boundary of any property and will tell you who is the owner. While hunting the property you can see your location in relation to the boundaries. 

FA79FFA7-1F36-470D-8713-F8BCB1CCDD42.png

99B33917-48B3-4AC4-95FA-011014C62D2B.png

Edited by Lunatic

I also tried emailing the NJDEP for better maps that show hunting areas then the maps on the state park websites.  Multiple emails, no answer. The only response I did was something along the lines of “we can’t really help you with that. Try stopping by each park”. Who the hell has time to drive to several state parks. 

2 hours ago, mike033089 said:

I also tried emailing the NJDEP for better maps that show hunting areas then the maps on the state park websites.  Multiple emails, no answer. The only response I did was something along the lines of “we can’t really help you with that. Try stopping by each park”. Who the hell has time to drive to several state parks. 

NJDFGW is a complete waste of taxpayer dollars. I’m sure their nice people but other states do things so much better. The one time I was able to actually speak with a conservation officer while an offense was being committed in the woods he said he would come resolve it. He ended up calling me back while parked in the parking lot of a diner telling me I was on private party while looking at a state park sign. Then called me back 15 minutes later saying he found the guys....he was parked behind my truck. I’m fairly certain he was doing this instead of trying to work. 

Long time ago I tried going in there and the map that showed a public road turned out going through a camp.  Stop signs every 100ft and I was told it's a private camp road. Tried another road that may have gone into the watershed or an adjacent park and seen burned up cars. Most likely had been stolen from what the guy at the camp was saying.  Decided not to chance hunting anywhere near there.  Area may have changed by now.

6 hours ago, Gobblengrunt said:

The above map shows the actual state park boundaries.  I believe you can only hunt the area south of Dunham rd and east of the camp property located at the end of Dunham rd (not shown on map) which borders the camp for the blind.

Damn that sucks, the spot I found is the area north of dunham rd. oh well Ill look at that southern portion then

Smungung

2 hours ago, Shakyjake said:

Do NOT trust the hunting apps. They are close but not exact. Instead, use the maps provided by both the State Parks and Fish and Game websites. 

Do you think you will be more accurate standing in the woods with a map in your hand, trying to figure your location in relation to the property line or with an app?
How exact are you going to be when your map is unable to show your current location?

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

Do you think you will be more accurate standing in the woods with a map in your hand, trying to figure your location in relation to the property line or with an app?
How exact are you going to be when your map is unable to show your current location?

Right , the app will put you close and the posted signs should tell you the exact boundary.

53 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Right , the app will put you close and the posted signs should tell you the exact boundary.

The biggest problem with map navigation is figuring out where you are in relation to the map you are looking at. GPS takes care of that problem