I’ve been shooting the Defy for 5-6 years now and I don’t think any other bow compares! I always do my own bow work and tuning and the Prime has been the easiest to tune and most accurate bow I have ever owned. IMO other companies just keep doing more of the same and Prime is innovative with features that just make sense in making a better bow. It’s very forgiving with the double cam system, broadheads no matter what kind always shooting as good as field points. New original owners get free strings every two years! I don’t see myself ever buying another bow again unless something catastrophic happens to the one I have now and if it did I’d buy another! 

• Like 1

Prime has been at the top of the game for quite a while.  One of my bows is a Prime Centergy Hybrid and it's an absolute tack driver.  The new Black 3 and Black 5 are great shooting bows.  

I love the feel of PSE bows and the evolve cam on those is probably the nicest drawing cam on the market, so I'd recommend for anyone to shoot those too.

I was never a big Bowtech guy, but I think they're making some of the nicest bows on the market today too.  The Realm X and Revolt X are absolutely spectacular shooters.  I actually just picked up a Realm SR6.  The Bowtechs are super easy to tune too.

I think you really can't go wrong with the Prime, Bowtech or PSE, but Matthews and Hoyt are right there at the top of the game too. Go to a shop and shoot everything.   Go home with whatever feels the best to you.   Everyone has a different preference for what they like

Edited by not on the rug
  • Like 1

I shot a bear for years and it was forgiving and reliable. Never had any issues with it but I just felt that it was time to upgrade. I bought a used (demo) Prime Centergy Hybrid (AXA is 35” but I’m 6’4 so that helps) and here are my thoughts on my specific bow and dealings with Prime. First, as long as you are the “original” owner, you register the bow and are entitled to their warranty and free strings every two years. Considering mine was a demo, I got the bow half price, but was more concerned whether or not they registered the bow, which they did not, therefore, I am the “original” owner. Their warranty and strings are very good and worth checking into. Secondly, as far as shooting the bow, it is fantastic, smooth, deep valley and solid back wall, again, something looking into. The bow is quiet but IMO I’ve heard quieter bows - It’s not loud by any means and I’m not (nor have I ever been) worried about how quiet or loud my bows are. Third, the bow is accurate - extremely accurate. I’m only comparing it to my previous bow, but there’s a different feel with this bow that I love. Lastly, and probably most importantly in many aspects. I brought my bow in for its annual tune up and I needed new strings (through Prime, of course) and got a call back from the bow shop saying my limbs are warped. I had the bow for two years, the bow was tuned up the previous year and it was fine. At some point during the season, something happened to my limbs (they are solid limbs). I was pissed and worried that it was going to be a huge cost not realizing Prime sends new limbs for free (again, great warranty). Now, I’m constantly checking out the limbs and making sure the bow is in good shape during the season; however, if this happens again, I will be getting rid of this bow, but I will be buying Prime’s Black Series bow because I believe their bows are top notch, along with their warranty and customer service. Sorry for the long rant, but I hope this helps. 

• Like 1