IGNORED

Hauling Game Out of the Woods

SoxFan

I hunt about a mile away from the car. Debating whether to get a Jet Sled or a Game Cart. Looking for recommendations and experiences, good or bad, with both.

Thanks for all the info. 

Update: The trail to my hunting location is mostly rocks and shale. There is little to no grass or vegetation on the main trail.

Edited by SoxFan

1 minute ago, SoxFan said:

I hunt about a mile away from the car. Debating whether to get a Jet Sled or a Game Cart. Looking for recommendations and experiences, good or bad, with both.

Thanks for all the info. 

For a mile in I would buy a hawk crawler game cart .

‘I use both , and like the jet sled contains the blood .

‘but a mile drag is a long ways , the crawler cart would be easier to just walk out without constantly stopping 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

It all varies on terrain. A mile is a long drag so we need some more info on terrain. Carts typically work better if you have some kind of trail for access on most of your route. Not so good for boulder fields and blow downs in the woods. Quartering May work better with a good pack and a jet sled for the right conditions as well. 

I’d buy both as I do have both. The sled is good in certain situations and the cart in other. The sled helps if there’s no trail and going through brush, that said you are still dragging all the weight on the ground opposed to using wheels. Sled makes it a little easier to drag but nowhere near as easy as a cart on a trail. 

Jet Sled with wear bars  for any terrain

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

5 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Jet Sled with wear bars 

typo

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

A few years ago I started tying a slip knot around the deers neck and attaching it to the tether line of my harness and dragging it out behind me. I just killed a doe who died at the bottom of the mountain, dragged it up and out about 500 yards total (not a mile) with only slightly more effort. I hunt property littered with boulders so the terrain is not exactly easy; if you don’t have time to get a jet sled/cart this method will make it much easier as I can attest from experience. Good luck!