IGNORED

Venison Marsala

archer36

I made this out of Venison Tenderloin. I find tenderloins from the average NJ deer too small to work with. It's too small to grill and pan frying them just doesn't do it for me either. You can use meat from the rump as long as you pound and tenderize it. Make sure it's cut against the grain.  I pounded the meat till it was about 1/4" thick. It makes for a nice piece of meat for this recipe. I make Chicken Marsala for the family all the time and they love it. This was excellent. 

IMG_20201006_182210939_HDR.jpg

Edited by archer36

1 hour ago, estimator said:

Just so happens I made this last night myself. I used hand cut cutlets from Mitchell's Deer Cutting in Hawthorne. Scott is a professional butcher by trade. His cutlets are by far the best. Give them a try this year.

I had no idea they were still cutting. I used them probably close to 20 years ago. They always did a great job back then.

11 hours ago, estimator said:

Just so happens I made this last night myself. I used hand cut cutlets from Mitchell's Deer Cutting in Hawthorne. Scott is a professional butcher by trade. His cutlets are by far the best. Give them a try this year.

gotta love the box of scraps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    He does a good job though..  Have him make you chops from the loins they come out excellent !!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Deerslayer21 said:

gotta love the box of scraps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    He does a good job though..  Have him make you chops from the loins they come out excellent !!!!!!!!!

I like my backstraps/loins with the bone-in. It has to be a decent size deer though.