IGNORED

Anyone ever trap public WMA land and get their traps stolen?

4 hours ago, smungung said:

Do you think that its fellow trappers that are doing the stealing or is it anti hunting/anti trapping people?

All of the above at times

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

you have to smart when setting public land. Just because its legal and your allowed to set there ,doesn't mean you should. Could be the best location to set but if its in an area where people frequent,just pass it up,there will be other places to set further back away from people. I have seen cable restraints set right next to trails that people use,your just looking for trouble. Last year saw beaver traps set right next to a main hiking trail. Was it legal? yes.but still not the best place to set. Out of sigh out of mind. The less people that know what you are doing the better.

16 hours ago, smungung said:

How do they back track you to your traps? did the person who steal your trap leave your tag attached?

There was a light covering of snow. Back tracked that spot and took all 5 mink snares. I contacted the CO (doing it the right way) and I found the truck/person that did it. Same boot track that took mine. Another trapper half mile away. Well they couldn't prove it was him from the track so nothing got done. Next time I'm NOT calling and deal with it myself :letsparty:

The thing is if I ever ran into the guy and he needed good mink snares(make my own) I would have gave him some. But no he just stole mine :banghead: 

Edited by Buck154

6 hours ago, Buck154 said:

There was a light covering of snow. Back tracked that spot and took all 5 mink snares. I contacted the CO (doing it the right way) and I found the truck/person that did it. Same boot track that took mine. Another trapper half mile away. Well they couldn't prove it was him from the track so nothing got done. Next time I'm NOT calling and deal with it myself :letsparty:

The thing is if I ever ran into the guy and he needed good mink snares(make my own) I would have gave him some. But no he just stole mine :banghead: 

oh okay gotcha 

Smungung