IGNORED

Sober Steak-tober

not on the rug

Another check in.  Feeling great overall.  Explosive performance is suffering a little bit, as is expected when living VLC/Keto, which has always been my personal experience.  That's what lead me to carb cycling in the past,  and why I find that eating mostly meat and some veggies is usually my ideal diet, with some fruit or potatoes on lifting days.  

Anyway, starting to really feel the positive effects from the increased meditation sessions.  Loving that 

Stepped on a scale for the 1st time since 10/1 and I'm down 9.5lbs.  Some water weight and probably a few lbs of fat.  

Is anyone out there still doing their sober-October or Carnivore experiment?

27 minutes ago, NJ Predator said:

Can't take this seriously on a site like this when a lot of guys her talk hunting/fishing and drinking beer all the time. 

Can't take what seriously?  Health and wellness?  I'm a lifelong hunter and outdoorsman.   I'm a beer and whiskey lover.  I spent 20+ years of my life homebrewing my own beer.  Nothing wrong with not drinking for 30 days or re-focusing on your health and wellness.  Way too many folks in the hunting, fishing and outdoors community are fat, lazy, cigarette smoking, beer swilling slobs.  It would be great for most of the folks here to take a month to focus on being healthier and living longer, hopefully to be around to introduce their kids and grandkids to the outdoors 

15 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

hindenburg GIF by Adult Swim

Just a simple observation. Physical and mental health seem to be very low on the priority list for most Americans, and the hunting/fishing community isn't exempt from that.  

What percentage of American adults can do simple fitness tests like 20 pushups, 1 pullup, squat or deadlift their bodyweight, or run 1 mile? Same folks who giggle and sneer when people talk about meditation or yoga, are the ones who pop anti-depressants or sedatives or self medicate with cigarettes and alcohol.  I'm just documenting things along the way in hopes that it could help or motivate someone else to start their own journey.

3 hours ago, not on the rug said:

Just a simple observation. Physical and mental health seem to be very low on the priority list for most Americans, and the hunting/fishing community isn't exempt from that.  

What percentage of American adults can do simple fitness tests like 20 pushups, 1 pullup, squat or deadlift their bodyweight, or run 1 mile? Same folks who giggle and sneer when people talk about meditation or yoga, are the ones who pop anti-depressants or sedatives or self medicate with cigarettes and alcohol.  I'm just documenting things along the way in hopes that it could help or motivate someone else to start their own journey.

I’m with you on this, rug. I work with quite a few guys who are fat, out of shape, smokers, or all three. They’re the same guys who are always missing days for doctors appointments, illness, and on tons of prescription meds for a litany of issues.

becoming a fan and follower of Cam Hanes and Goggins after hearing them on JRE has improved by fitness and nutrition game immensely. 

18 hours ago, not on the rug said:

Can't take what seriously?  Health and wellness?  I'm a lifelong hunter and outdoorsman.   I'm a beer and whiskey lover.  I spent 20+ years of my life homebrewing my own beer.  Nothing wrong with not drinking for 30 days or re-focusing on your health and wellness.  Way too many folks in the hunting, fishing and outdoors community are fat, lazy, cigarette smoking, beer swilling slobs.  It would be great for most of the folks here to take a month to focus on being healthier and living longer, hopefully to be around to introduce their kids and grandkids to the outdoors 

That's what I am saying. I know you are a fitness dude from reading your posts over time. As you said, Way too many folks in the hunting/fishing world are fat and lazy. Hence why I said I can't take this sober things seriously on a hunting forum. Some here will do it but most won't. I am on the same trip you are man. I don't drink much at all. Heck, one Yueng Ling would probably have me half in the bag nowadays. No offense to anyone here. If they want to partake great. If not, hey it's cool do your thing. 

17 hours ago, njhunter24 said:

I’m with you on this, rug. I work with quite a few guys who are fat, out of shape, smokers, or all three. They’re the same guys who are always missing days for doctors appointments, illness, and on tons of prescription meds for a litany of issues.

becoming a fan and follower of Cam Hanes and Goggins after hearing them on JRE has improved by fitness and nutrition game immensely. 

Same here.  I watch many of my co-workers order take-out 3-5 days a week, take 10 cigarette breaks a day and take the elevator to go up 1 level.  They look horrible and they complain about how horrible they feel.  I try to help, but only when they ask for it.  A few have taken some of my advice and it has helped them tremendously.  Most have not and they are living miserable lives.  

Guys like Goggins and Cam are excellent motivators.   Rogan is too.  He's always talking about conquering his "inner bitch."  

3 hours ago, NJ Predator said:

That's what I am saying. I know you are a fitness dude from reading your posts over time. As you said, Way too many folks in the hunting/fishing world are fat and lazy. Hence why I said I can't take this sober things seriously on a hunting forum. Some here will do it but most won't. I am on the same trip you are man. I don't drink much at all. Heck, one Yueng Ling would probably have me half in the bag nowadays. No offense to anyone here. If they want to partake great. If not, hey it's cool do your thing. 

Gotcha.  I agree.  I just think it's interesting to change your own status quo and test yourself.  It takes at least 30 days of doing something for it to become a mental habit and at least that long to see any real physical changes. 

I think it's weird how "soft" people are in general.  I can't even tell you how often I hear "I could never give up bread" or "I could never give up pasta" or whatever else.  You're 60lbs overweight and pre-diabetic.  You're joints ache.  You get winded from 1 flight of stairs. How's that stuff working out for you? How is consuming bread more important to people than their mental health, physical health, and basically their experience in this life on earth?  I can't wrap my brain around the "I could never..." crowd.  You can literally do almost anything you put your mind to, but when you start out with the "I can't" mindset, then you already know that you can't.   Wake up every morning and tell yourself what you can do.  Surround yourself with positivity and positive people who accomplish things daily and you will too.   

Anyway...that's my soapbox rant for the day.  :rofl:

Edited by not on the rug