IGNORED

Sober Steak-tober

not on the rug

5 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Not being able to sleep sucks. My son suffers from it and it breaks my heart. My best friend as well. 

i have tried going to sleep early. going to sleep later. and i dont want take sleeping meds in fear of getting hooked on them. i go to bed between 9 and 10. some nights ill wake up at 1 and thats it. some nights its 3. then i leave my house around 430 to go to work. 

2 minutes ago, Kype said:

i have tried going to sleep early. going to sleep later. and i dont want take sleeping meds in fear of getting hooked on them. i go to bed between 9 and 10. some nights ill wake up at 1 and thats it. some nights its 3. then i leave my house around 430 to go to work. 

My son is the opposite. He can not fall asleep. 

Same here tried everything and ambien 10mg is the only thing that works for me. Take it by 9p and I’m good to go when alarm goes off at 345am. I only take it 1-2 times a week Bc I don’t want to rely on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Farmshine said:

Same here tried everything and ambien 10mg is the only thing that works for me. Take it by 9p and I’m good to go when alarm goes off at 345am. I only take it 1-2 times a week Bc I don’t want to rely on it.

21 minutes ago, Kype said:

You guys get uo early !!!!! How long is your commute??:shock:

I suffer from bad spells of insomnia a few times each year.  I will say that enough exercise will calm the body and meditation will calm the mind.  When it gets bad, CBD oil and/or benadryl helps me stay asleep.  Avoid alcohol for sure though, as it disrupts sleep patterns badly.  Avoid electronic devices at least an hour before bed too

I suffer from bad spells of insomnia a few times each year.  I will say that enough exercise will calm the body and meditation will calm the mind.  When it gets bad, CBD oil and/or benadryl helps me stay asleep.  Avoid alcohol for sure though, as it disrupts sleep patterns badly.  Avoid electronic devices at least an hour before bed too

Getting the poison out also helps, at least with falling asleep.

Just finishing up my lifting session now.  Deadlifts, 3x3 OHP and (volume) 5x5 squats.

Finishing up the rest of the pulled pork for dinner to end a 24 hour fast.  

Definitely feeling a little groggy as I adjust to longer fasts and only eating meat.  That should go away in the next few days

Just broke my 20 hour fast with 6 eggs from Hidden Woods Farm, scrambled in Kerrygold butter and 6 strips of uncured bacon.  Going to either grill Strip Steaks or Italian Sausages for dinner tonight.

Yoga on the agenda for later tonight.

Been meditating nightly too.  It feels good to get back in to that practice.  Going to try to up that to twice a day. 

I'm 74....at 7:30 AM I was in Lowes getting pipe and fittings... At 8:30 I drove 40 minutes to watch my 6 year old grandson kick a soccer ball around for about an hour, at 11:00 I attempted to reroute an incomplete (30 years ago)  vent pipe installation through the attic, but with a hip roof I couldn't get the pipes connected because of the rafter pitch and corner of house location....at noon I began working on installing a new vent pipe for the washing machine drain THROUGH THE ROOF.....yes...I put a ladder up...climbed up (it's a ranch).... hoped I was measuring correctly...and drilled down into the attic with my hole saw. My wife and daughter stayed in the yard watching me and reminding continuously that I was 74 and according to my doctors...shouldn't be up there. Then I said......ooops...I forgot to get a vent pipe boot for the roof....took another trip to Lowes and actually bought 5 to also replace the 4 existing ones where the rubber has gone bad. Finished cutting the shingles and pushed the pipe down the hole. Tomorrow I will renail the shingles and the boot. Right now I just finished my third beer and second grilled cheese sandwich. I think I had enough exercise for today. Just a little upset I couldn't be with my son for the opener in Zone 4 but THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER DAY.....keep active ladies and gentlemen.

bOb....ski

4 hours ago, B B said:

Why do the coffee drinkers get a pass, but the tobacco chewers don't?  You're either all in or you're not?  I call BS.

I don't make the rules, I'm just playing the game.  My guess is that nicotine,  although a stimulant, is also an intoxicating substance while caffeine is not.