IGNORED

Sliding glass door repair - thanks Roon

joeyguts

Had real bad dry rot on the bottom of my sliding glass door. I can't afford to replace the door now. So a few months back I texted my new best friend Roon to see how to repair it. He told me what to do and offered to help. He said clean out all the rotted wood and use Bondo. Since he can turn wood into art I figured who am I to question using body filler. I finally got off my lazy butt and did the job yesterday. I sealed it with white Flexseal, it is solid as a rock.  This fix should get a few more years out of the door. Thanks Roon!  I can't wait until you pick me up for spring stripers.

door1.jpg

door2.jpg

door3.jpg

door4.jpg

door5.jpg

door6.jpg

Only way to repay his generosity is with some groundhog stew and possum pie!!!  

That is awesome - great seeing members helping each other out...  Been watching that show "ALONE" which is the best survivor show I have seen yet (In the artic circle season), and thinking we need to sponsor Roon to win it all.   

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

38 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Nice job.
I just replaced mine last year. The quotes were crazy $4K to $6K so I did it myself.
I bought a very good Pella door at Lowes for $1K and it took me less than a day to install it, with my wife helping to move doors in and out.

Thank you. I think it was your post that made me try to repair it.  I told my wife it would be about $6K (or more it is a 96 inch door so it maybe a custom order) to hire someone and I'm too old and lazy to replace it myself.

13 minutes ago, joeyguts said:

Thank you. I think it was your post that made me try to repair it.  I told my wife it would be about $6K (or more it is a 96 inch door so it maybe a custom order) to hire someone and I'm too old and lazy to replace it myself.

I am old and lazy as well but $6k forced me to do it.
Good luck but you are now set for a while