IGNORED

Catch of The Day

Zipper

Thankfully I was in the right place today at the right time. A young gentleman became stranded in a dangerous situation when his motor wouldn't start in the ocean off Bradley Beach. In a stiff East wind with 4 foot seas he was too close to the breakers and a rock Jetty. His anchor was slowing him down, but in the rough conditions not holding. He called for help, and  the Coast Guard, State Police, and Sea Tow were dispatched. Luckily I spotted him in his precarious situation and was able to respond immediately. I got a line to him, and he secured it to a bow cleat, enabling me to tow him out of the surf zone where the breakers were, to deeper water. Once I had him out of danger the NJ Marine Police and Coast Guard showed up. The Trooper got there minutes before the Coast Guard. I told the young responders that my job was done and turned it over to them. They assured me they would stand by until Sea Tow arrived. Sometimes catching fish isn't the most important thing when you go  fishing. Shout out to Jack Harris who saw me surrounded by the State Police and Coast Guard. He rushed over in his boat offering to bail me out of jail for possession of fluke out of season! Lol Thanks Jack!

34786.jpeg

34785.jpeg

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

I saw all the commotion and thought "oh hell, they are doing inspections and my boat is neither properly titled to me yet, or registered (will try over the winter I suppose, but not dealing with MVC anytime soon).  Then I saw it was @Zipper, and I said to Jake "Hey that's my buddy Mike, hope he is ok". Could not figure out if you were in trouble or not so I moved right into the fray with my 2019 NJ registration sticker in plain view! LOL.   

good karma coming your way Mike - probably a GIANT booner this fall or winter... 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….