Teeny Tiny Broadheads

8 hours ago, Rusty said:

Well the Boltcutters haven't disappointed.  Every deer this year has dropped in sight, I haven't had to blood trail a single one yet.  This big old Nanny was added to the freezer tonight.  

doe .jpg

When you go through the heart it won't matter what your shooting. Great shot Rusty

9 minutes ago, archer36 said:

They are "teeny tiny" compared to big mechanicals. They will kill as good as any other BH if shot properly. I am yet not convinced big mechanicals kill faster/better. 

Also if you do make a marginal shot with a mechanical that gaping hole will take much longer to heal if it will heal at all..thats just my 2 cents

2 minutes ago, bucky said:

Also if you do make a marginal shot with a mechanical that gaping hole will take much longer to heal if it will heal at all..thats just my 2 cents

It's complicated. My experience is a bad shot is a bad shot. Mechanicals don't save you from a lot of tracking. What you say is rational but I have not experienced it. 

28 minutes ago, midwestxpress said:

For the solid head guys, check out Tooth Of The Arrow heads. I got the free sample, haven't shot a deer with it but it is pretty stout. Machined from a solid piece of steel.

They have great reviews. I bought the 175 gr for my South African Safari. 

Edited by archer36
15 minutes ago, archer36 said:

TenPoint Stealth NXT. Evo X arrows. 150 to 175 gr BH's. Total of 500 to 525 gr. My target animals are Eland, Waterbuck, and a Hartebeest. I think Hartebeest are cool. I was going to take one on my last trip. 

Sounds like a killer setup for an xbow.  Wasn't sure if you were shooting a wheelbow or stickbow and what kind of FOC and build you went with.

Enjoy the trip.  I hear Hartebeest is delicious.  People say Zebra and Kudu are the best, with Eland and Hartebeest being basically just as good.  

Edited by not on the rug

1 hour ago, midwestxpress said:

For the solid head guys, check out Tooth Of The Arrow heads. I got the free sample, haven't shot a deer with it but it is pretty stout. Machined from a solid piece of steel.

just ordered the tooth of the arrow heads i have been using 90 grain 4 blade muzzy but are hard to find them now was due for a change anyway 

3 hours ago, not on the rug said:

Sounds like a killer setup for an xbow.  Wasn't sure if you were shooting a wheelbow or stickbow and what kind of FOC and build you went with.

Enjoy the trip.  I hear Hartebeest is delicious.  People say Zebra and Kudu are the best, with Eland and Hartebeest being basically just as good.  

I ate many different kinds of game last time. Eland Tenderloins were huge. Can't say that anything stood out. They served all the choice cuts (loins and tenderloins). The food was fantastic. One night we had game sausages over a big fire too. 

It's like being in a 5 star Restaurant.