IGNORED

Let me be first!

Farmshine

I have not had a furnace to heat my house in 20 plus years.

We burn coal 100% to heat the house.

My rule is house has to sustain 55° before the stove is lite.

Trust me we all suffer because when up and going I keep the house at 76 to 78° 

Just joking 🤣 but get out a blanket"Nancy"🤣😘

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

Does anyone have something for the in between months? As@roon mentioned its 55 or 85!

The thermostat? For an hour or 2 in the evening and an hour in the morning. I only burn about 300 gallons of propane a year. Otherwise it’s wood heat. A little propane or oil heat here or there doesn’t use much fuel. I guess another option would be a stand alone electric heater. As an adult, if I’m hot I turn on the Central AC, and if I’m cold I start a fire or turn on the heat. Why wouldn’t ya???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Farmshine Milking the same 800 gallons of propane going on 7 years now! Funny because I only use my nest thermostat to check the temp when I'm not home. 

That is quite impressive! I do use propane for hot water and stovetop. I could only do that if I lived alone lol! I always laugh, my 60 something-year-old father still brags about how he freezes out my stepmom till Halloween day every year won’t let her turn on the heat LOL. It’s a guy thing. Just not this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coal stove is to hot for me. wood stove is perfect for me. 

i love collecting firewood

i love cutting it and splitting it

i love the way it smells

i love the way it looks. every fire looks different then the next and i could sit by a wood fire for hours. i cleaned my stove back in june. its ready and i cannot wait

KIMG1389.thumb.JPG.78f7f90f186e442062aada4f7854b68f.JPG

KIMG1296.thumb.JPG.bc8c4ed2f68eabbd060667558681001f.JPG

this winter i plan on putting up rock behind the stove. on the two walls in the corner of the stove. the stove is to code now because it has heat sheilds in the back and sides. i could lay my hand on it and its not hot. but i want the stone to make it look better. well see...

Edited by Kype

3 hours ago, Farmshine said:

That is quite impressive! I do use propane for hot water and stovetop. I could only do that if I lived alone lol! I always laugh, my 60 something-year-old father still brags about how he freezes out my stepmom till Halloween day every year won’t let her turn on the heat LOL. It’s a guy thing. Just not this guy.

In our old house we had one of these tied into our ductwork:

image.png.f0131ad7b3463f4f40d8827a75dae2f6.png

We once only burned 25 gallons of oil almost the entire winter.  When my oil company came to fill the tank in sub-zero weather the driver was concerned that the tank only took such a small amount that he told the owner who called me to make sure everything was OK.  I told him that we just burn a lot of wood!  We brought the furnace with us to our current house but we have a boiler now so no ductwork to work with.  I've considered just running it in the basement when its very cold and just dumping heat into the basement to warm the first floor but right now its just sitting.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

20 hours ago, kanigie said:

Does anyone have something for the in between months? As @roon mentioned its 55 or 85!

Small fires in the evening few pieces of wood to make half the night, it takes the chill out of the house is not bad to wake up to.

Once it's lite she runs 24/7 till April.

It took a while but I can choke down the stove to the point even if we get a warm day in spring  my house will still only be at 74°

Coal is nice because with more or less and ashes the stove could be 650° at the top surface or down 125°

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

2 hours ago, Roon said:

Small fires in the evening few pieces of wood to make half the night, it takes the chill out of the house is not bad to wake up to.

Once it's lite she runs 24/7 till April.

It took a while but I can choke down the stove to the point even if we get a warm day in spring  my house will still only be at 74°

Coal is nice because with more or less and ashes the stove could be 650° at the top surface or down 125°

except this year, we had snow on mothers day weekend lol